And we're back!

Main Menu

The Christmas Loot thread

Started by Ed Anger, December 23, 2011, 09:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on December 27, 2011, 06:02:56 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on December 27, 2011, 05:58:31 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 27, 2011, 05:57:18 PM
I own one.

That's bonkers. Don't you live in the Midwest?

Uh, Fahdiz, I am bonkers.

Let me rephrase. :D Don't your feet get wet and cold during part of the year? (or, conversely, don't your feet get awfully hot in those snow boots?)

Ideologue

I don't understand Mongers' question.  Does he pedal barefoot?

He probably does.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on December 27, 2011, 06:04:20 PM
I don't understand Mongers' question.  Does he pedal barefoot?

He probably does.

Bicycles are just tools or are like shoes; you need the right one for a particular situation.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Ideologue

Yes.  I use an automobile.

Should that not be available, I intend to use man cannon.
Kinemalogue

fhdz

Quote from: Ideologue on December 27, 2011, 06:13:58 PM
I don't need one at all.

Yeah, I think you can definitely make the argument that the need for shoes is a more basic need than the need for bicycles.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: fahdiz on December 27, 2011, 06:15:39 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 27, 2011, 06:13:58 PM
I don't need one at all.

Yeah, I think you can definitely make the argument that the need for shoes is a more basic need than the need for bicycles.

Right tool for the right job; so I don't think shoes on their own are going to enable one to get somewhere 30 miles away in a hurry are they ?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: fahdiz on December 27, 2011, 11:39:22 AM
Are you going to be doing some soldering soon? Really gratifying work IMO. My first job during high school was working for the guy who owned the TWA pilot's shop in the St. Louis airport. One of the things he had me do was assemble headsets from wholesale parts. He gave me a buck for every completed headset. Eventually I could do quite a few of them over an evening or a weekend. Decent money for a high school job, and I didn't have to sling burgers.
That sounds like an awesome job. :cool:  My first job was as a stockboy at Caldor.  BOR-ING! :zzz
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on December 27, 2011, 07:35:58 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on December 27, 2011, 11:39:22 AM
Are you going to be doing some soldering soon? Really gratifying work IMO. My first job during high school was working for the guy who owned the TWA pilot's shop in the St. Louis airport. One of the things he had me do was assemble headsets from wholesale parts. He gave me a buck for every completed headset. Eventually I could do quite a few of them over an evening or a weekend. Decent money for a high school job, and I didn't have to sling burgers.
That sounds like an awesome job. :cool:  My first job was as a stockboy at Caldor.  BOR-ING! :zzz
I mopped up after grumblers at a nursing home.  The smell was revolting and stuck to everything.
PDH!