News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Christmas Loot thread

Started by Ed Anger, December 23, 2011, 09:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

I got some Deadpool trade paperbacks and a book on sodering.
PDH!

Ideologue

Quote from: sbr on December 25, 2011, 11:40:10 PM
Hey Ide check this shit out:

Pretty sure I am going to be sick soon.

Awesome.  The novelty giant ones are way overpriced, though they are quite amazing to behold.

Anyway, I got something after all.  Five giant candy bars!  And one regular-sized.  Score.

Also cash.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Capetan Mihali

I got some German beer, some Zycam zinc lozenges, hand lotion, some fresh undershirts, and a book by the fascist Ernst Jünger.   :hmm:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Zanza on December 26, 2011, 05:28:40 PM
Among other things I got this:

It's quite a beast. The assembly instructions have about 350 pages...  :)

:lol: Good to know I wasn't the only one getting LEGO this Christmas. :D
Experience bij!

Pedrito

Quote from: Zanza on December 26, 2011, 05:28:40 PM
Among other things I got this:

It's quite a beast. The assembly instructions have about 350 pages...  :)
:mmm:  I want it!

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Pedrito

Quote from: mongers on December 26, 2011, 02:15:46 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on December 25, 2011, 12:26:52 PM
A bicycle
L.

:cool:

Oh, do tell, what is it ?

It's a replacement for the one I got robbed three months ago.
It's a Lombardo, non properly a MTB but a kind of crossover,
look on the webs for Lombardo Amantea 200 Men; sorry I forgot my imageshack password  :P

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

fhdz

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 26, 2011, 07:02:27 PM

Are you going to be doing some soldering soon? Really gratifying work IMO. My first job during high school was working for the guy who owned the TWA pilot's shop in the St. Louis airport. One of the things he had me do was assemble headsets from wholesale parts. He gave me a buck for every completed headset. Eventually I could do quite a few of them over an evening or a weekend. Decent money for a high school job, and I didn't have to sling burgers.
and the horse you rode in on

mongers

Quote from: Pedrito on December 27, 2011, 11:07:23 AM
Quote from: mongers on December 26, 2011, 02:15:46 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on December 25, 2011, 12:26:52 PM
A bicycle
L.

:cool:

Oh, do tell, what is it ?

It's a replacement for the one I got robbed three months ago.
It's a Lombardo, non properly a MTB but a kind of crossover,
look on the webs for Lombardo Amantea 200 Men; sorry I forgot my imageshack password  :P

L.

Looks cool and a nice usable bike to boot.  :cool:

Always shitty to have a bike nicked, a mate's son had his bike nicked a couple of months ago, and he managed to find it on ebay, though he had to move heaven and earth to get the police to do anything about recovering the bike and arresting the perp.

Incidentally, I just converted one of my hack/pub bikes into a single speed; it works surprisingly well, so much so I've decided it's not one of my usual bodges but can possible be categorized as a 'proper job'.  :)

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Clothes and money. Used the money to go out boxing day and buy parts to upgrade my computer. Boxing day shopping sucks ass
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: fahdiz on December 27, 2011, 11:39:22 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 26, 2011, 07:02:27 PM

Are you going to be doing some soldering soon? Really gratifying work IMO. My first job during high school was working for the guy who owned the TWA pilot's shop in the St. Louis airport. One of the things he had me do was assemble headsets from wholesale parts. He gave me a buck for every completed headset. Eventually I could do quite a few of them over an evening or a weekend. Decent money for a high school job, and I didn't have to sling burgers.
Yeah, for my steampunk costume, and whatever household tasks demand it.  I want to try to pick up a few life skills like home repair or sewing.
PDH!

fhdz

The two most useful - widely applicable, and money-saving - home repair skillsets you can have are basic carpentry and basic plumbing.
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017