News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

HOBBIT trailer!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 21, 2011, 12:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

That might have been what he meant.  The original novel was children's story, it follows that the film version would be directed toward children.  Though that's not for certain by any means.  I think Tolkien later regretted making the Hobbit a children's story.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

I'm confused this is slated to be out in 2013

The Hobbit: There and Back Again

Is he making a two part??
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on December 21, 2011, 03:16:05 AM
That might have been what he meant.  The original novel was children's story, it follows that the film version would be directed toward children.  Though that's not for certain by any means.  I think Tolkien later regretted making the Hobbit a children's story.

I didn't see anything in this trailer that would suggest this is directed towards kids (at least not more than LotR).

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on December 21, 2011, 02:58:42 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 21, 2011, 01:32:47 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 21, 2011, 01:12:05 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 21, 2011, 01:04:15 AM
Also, the dwarves singing sounded way more badass then I ever imagined!

Are you sure you don't mean the dwarves?
:huh:

I was sure you wrote "elves" at first.
Oh, well I didn't. :unsure:

11B4V - Yes, a two parter. IIRC they're going to bad it a lot from Tolkien's footnotes and stuff.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on December 21, 2011, 03:26:45 AM

I didn't see anything in this trailer that would suggest this is directed towards kids (at least not more than LotR).
Tear your eyes away from Bilbo's feet and maybe you'll understand his critique.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on December 21, 2011, 03:17:41 AM
I'm confused this is slated to be out in 2013

The Hobbit: There and Back Again

Is he making a two part??

Yes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on December 21, 2011, 03:26:45 AM

So?

Josquius

Indeed.

Though I must say the trailer does look like they're trying to adult it up in parts, trying to lord of the ringsise it a bit. At the core though it does remain a kids story.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

The only way the Hobbit is a kids' story is because of the writing style, which does not apply in a movie since it uses pictures instead of words. The actual story is no less badass than LotR.

CountDeMoney

Gups

Quote from: Tyr on December 21, 2011, 06:02:49 AM

Though I must say the trailer does look like they're trying to adult it up in parts, trying to lord of the ringsise it a bit. At the core though it does remain a kids story.

:cry: :x

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Gups on December 21, 2011, 06:41:13 AM

English has been broken for decades.  Don't start crying over it now.

Gups

Broken, yes.

Fucked up the arse with a giant redwood, no.

CountDeMoney

Yes, he did fuck it up the arse. Should be "lord of the ringsize it".

Tyr, you fucking gypsy.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Gups on December 21, 2011, 06:41:13 AM

I am no longer the worst English teacher on Languish! :w00t:

1 Karma Chameleon point