News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2012, 08:53:24 AM
"I will stand by my speech," he said on the Dana Loesch radio show Tuesday. "It was 100 percent positive. It's about 'we the people' taking back our American dream from the corrupt monsters in the federal government under this administration and the communist czars [Obama has] appointed."
What exactly is done by the government to destroy the American dream? I keep reading that according to consrvatives the Democrat presidency takes away freedoms and betrays the founding fathers' ideals - but rarely if ever how so. I mean, isn't the Patriot Act and the actions of the Dept. of Homeland Security more invasive than anything Obama has done/plans to do?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zoupa

Quote from: Syt on April 19, 2012, 01:12:45 AM
"I will stand by my speech," he said on the Dana Loesch radio show Tuesday. "It was 100 percent positive. It's about 'we the people' taking back our American dream from the corrupt monsters in the federal government under this administration and the communist czars [Obama has] appointed."
What exactly is done by the government to destroy the American dream? I keep reading that according to consrvatives the Democrat presidency takes away freedoms and betrays the founding fathers' ideals - but rarely if ever how so. I mean, isn't the Patriot Act and the actions of the Dept. of Homeland Security more invasive than anything Obama has done/plans to do?

Are you trying to be rational? Crazy european.

It's pretty simple. The problem most GOPtards have with Obama is that he's black.

Caliga

It's empty rhetoric that a lot of people dutifully repeat without putting any thought into it.  To hardcore Republicans and Democrats in this country, politics is kind of like their religion (perhaps in addition to their 'real' one).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on April 19, 2012, 05:08:24 AM
To hardcore Republicans and Democrats in this country, politics is kind of like their religion (perhaps in addition to their 'real' one).

Football?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 19, 2012, 06:23:43 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 19, 2012, 05:08:24 AM
To hardcore Republicans and Democrats in this country, politics is kind of like their religion (perhaps in addition to their 'real' one).

Football?
:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: Zoupa on April 19, 2012, 02:23:43 AM

It's pretty simple. The problem most GOPtards have with Obama is that he's black.

Yeah, because GOPtards are so deferential to white Democrats who do/say the same things Obama has done/said.

You & Seedy repeating the same thing over & over won't make it true, sorry :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I don't think Republicans make the claim that Harry Reid is an illegal Alien.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on April 19, 2012, 08:52:50 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on April 19, 2012, 02:23:43 AM

Yeah, because GOPtards are so deferential to white Democrats who do/say the same things Obama has done/said.

You & Seedy repeating the same thing over & over won't make it true, sorry :(

It really is bizarre, this almost manic obsession with the imagined racism behind the crazy anti-Obama crowd. Not that there isn't some element of racism there I am sure, but to sum it all up as a strictly black thing is compulsive in it's ridiculousness.

These are the same people who accused Clinton of having someone murdered. They don't need to wait for a black Dem President to start talking crazy.

The constant focus on race says more about Seedy and Zoup's opinions on the race of the President than they do on Ted Nugent.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

There is room for both interpretations.  IMO, the racism issue is a real issue, and it's not minor.  There is a real subliminal message being constantly sent that Obama is not like one of us.  That said, it's an add-on issue, and things wouldn't be fundamentally different if a Democrat of any other color and any other ancestry were elected.

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on April 19, 2012, 09:07:26 AM

It really is bizarre, this almost manic obsession with the imagined racism behind the crazy anti-Obama crowd. Not that there isn't some element of racism there I am sure, but to sum it all up as a strictly black thing is compulsive in it's ridiculousness.

These are the same people who accused Clinton of having someone murdered. They don't need to wait for a black Dem President to start talking crazy.

The constant focus on race says more about Seedy and Zoup's opinions on the race of the President than they do on Ted Nugent.

Attempts to appeal to the "otherness" of Obama are appeals to racism.  Or at least some form of bigotry.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Berkut

If you evidence that this message exists and is meaningful is so weak that you have to characterize it as "subliminal" then I suspect the existence of said message is more a figment of your imagination than anything else.

In other words, it might be real, but it probably is in fact pretty damn minor.

About as significant in the overall scheme of things as the idea that Clinton murdered James McDougal. It is real, but it is very minor.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on April 19, 2012, 10:31:00 AM
If you evidence that this message exists and is meaningful is so weak that you have to characterize it as "subliminal" then I suspect the existence of said message is more a figment of your imagination than anything else.
It's subliminal not because it's weak, but because overt racism is out of fashion these days.  Therefore, some level of subtlety is required.

Eddie Teach

Saying somebody is "not like us" is not overt racism.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

51 percent of likely Republican primary voters think Obama was born abroad.  That's not minor.  http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/robert-schlesinger/2011/02/16/poll-birthers-now-make-up-a-majority-of-gop-primary-voters

Here's some polling form Republican strongholds.  Mississippi and Alabama.  http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar/12/news/la-pn-poll-obamas-a-muslim-to-many-gop-voters-in-alabama-mississippi-20120312

QuoteReporting from Washington — After years of battling false claims and viral emails alleging that he is a Muslim, President Obama hasn't gotten far among Republican voters in Alabama and Mississippi – about half still believe he is Muslim and about 1 in 4 believes his parents' interracial marriage should have been illegal, a new poll shows.