News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

This is what it must have felt like to be a Democrat in the late 1970's and 1980's.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2012, 07:17:40 PM
Today's Mittism is:

"Planned Parenthood — we're going to get rid of that."

LOVE HIM.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 14, 2012, 07:48:14 PM
Today's Mittism is:

LOVE HIM.

I'm sending you a Whitman's Sampler of feoutuseses this Kwanzaa.  All different flavors.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 14, 2012, 07:48:14 PM
Today's Mittism is:

LOVE HIM.

Then I suppose his wife should get a refund on the $150 she donated to Planned Parenthood in 1994, huh?   :lmfao:

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2012, 07:50:27 PM
I'm sending you a Whitman's Sampler of feoutuseses this Kwanzaa.  All different flavors.

It really hurts me every time you say 'fetus'   :weep:

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2012, 07:53:22 PM
Then I suppose his wife should get a refund on the $150 she donated to Planned Parenthood in 1994, huh?   :lmfao:

No sweat off my sack.  $150 sounds like a token donation, but I wouldn't much care if she had given $15,000.  Your Community Organizer in Chief was probably still doing blow around that time.  Do you hold that against him?

Anyway, I'm sure you read into the context of Mitt's statement-- that he wants to cut off federal funding for the 'Hood, rather than just skim a HuffPo headline.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 14, 2012, 08:02:02 PM
Anyway, I'm sure you read into the context of Mitt's statement-- that he wants to cut off federal funding for the 'Hood, rather than just skim a HuffPo headline.

They all say that.  And since no federal funding is used by Planned Parenthood for any form of abortion services, SINCE ITS ALREADY AGAINST THE FUCKING LAW, please explain what his rationale would be to terminate federal funding for healthcare spending that amounts to approximately .00176 of the federal budget? 
Can't be deficit reduction.

MadImmortalMan

PP would exist just fine without federal funding. In order to "get rid of it", Mitt would have to go above and beyond to break them up. I don't know how that could legally happen.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 14, 2012, 09:42:32 PM
PP would exist just fine without federal funding. In order to "get rid of it", Mitt would have to go above and beyond to break them up. I don't know how that could legally happen.

If they defunded it, they would also lose whatever say they have over it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2012, 08:12:10 PM

They all say that.  And since no federal funding is used by Planned Parenthood for any form of abortion services, SINCE ITS ALREADY AGAINST THE FUCKING LAW, please explain what his rationale would be to terminate federal funding for healthcare spending that amounts to approximately .00176 of the federal budget? 

There you go, bringing abortion into it again...

Jacob

Today's Mittism is:

Got a link to that?

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 14, 2012, 10:17:29 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2012, 08:12:10 PM

There you go, bringing abortion into it again...

Lemme guess, your problem with them is pap smears, right, fetus boy?

Jacob

I think it's unfair to assume derSpiess is letting his views on abortion colour his feelings towards Planned Parenthood. It's just as likely that it's a more broad hatred of women in general that motivates him.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on March 15, 2012, 10:13:05 AM
I think it's unfair to assume derSpiess is letting his views on abortion colour his feelings towards Planned Parenthood. It's just as likely that it's a more broad hatred of women in general that motivates him.

His mother probably made him pee sitting down.  That's how it usually starts with these types.