News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I say that Newt will take Alabama, Santorum takes Kansas, either one will take Mississippi over Romney, and the nightmare continues.

derspiess

In Cincinnati we have the rare pleasure of getting political commercials for both Kentucky and Ohio.  So Newt is continuing to run radio commercials.  And it looks like Kentucky's primary is: May 22?!  :bleeding:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2012, 03:05:21 PM
In Cincinnati we have the rare pleasure of getting political commercials for both Kentucky and Ohio.  So Newt is continuing to run radio commercials.  And it looks like Kentucky's primary is: May 22?!  :bleeding:
Apparently Newt's Superpac is still running ads in Iowa, Michigan, Florida and other states that have already voted.  I can only assume it's some form of highly refined torture :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

MadImmortalMan

They're running the ads here too. Makes no sense. They're wasting their money.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2012, 11:57:08 PM
Kucinich lost his primary :lol:

Not funny. :(

I mean, I'd never want the guy in a real position of power, but I liked that he was in Congress.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 09, 2012, 02:28:04 PM
Today, Mitt Romney managed to insult The South by saying he finally learned how to say "y'all", and mentioned that for breakfast he had "cheesy grits".

Cheesy grits.  Y'all.

I had cheesy grits for breakfast. <_<
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

Matt Romney campaigned this week in Guam and is now in the Northern Mariana Islands, both voting today. Together, they award more delegates than New Hampshire.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/03/09/romney-trolls-for-votes-in-the-pacific/

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 09, 2012, 03:06:45 PM
Apparently Newt's Superpac is still running ads in Iowa, Michigan, Florida and other states that have already voted.  I can only assume it's some form of highly refined torture :mellow:

It is like Jeb Stuart's 4 PM attack to support Pickett's Charge.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

If Romney wins either Alabama or Mississippi, can we make the election stop?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Kleves

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 09, 2012, 03:09:28 PM
Makes sense if you assume that Newt's entire mission at this point is to bring everyone else down with him. I mean, why else would he stay in the race?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 09, 2012, 03:09:28 PM

At least they aren't running ads here.  We had a primary, but it didn't actually mean anything.  I think the GOP is going to have a caucus to actually decide delegates.  To be perfectly honest, I have no idea why the GOP does anything. 

Perhaps Newt believes that time is cyclical.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on March 09, 2012, 06:15:30 PM
Perhaps Newt believes that time is cyclical.

It's 2012, we are on the verge of a new cycle.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

Santorum's look-alike daughter is next to him or right behind in damn near every group photo published. It's weird.

Kansas: