And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 06, 2012, 09:40:05 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 06, 2012, 09:38:29 PM
I'm gonna laugh so hard if buttjuice pulls it out in Ohio.

So will I, but genius staff that he has, they didn't file for a full compliment for delegates throughout the state, so he can only win so many in Ohio, regardless of his total number of votes.

I mean, you do go to the Convention with delegates, not votes, right? Right?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Hey derspiess, here's one right up your alley.

QuoteKaren Santorum: Bringing Dead Baby Home Was Way to Grieve

Rick Santorum's wife says in an interview that their decision to bring their dead baby son to their kids wasn't "some crazy thing" and that it was a personal way to cope with his death.

In an interview with CBS News's Jan Crawford, Karen Santorum opened up about the criticism she and her husband faced for taking their son, Gabriel, home after he died shortly after being born at 20 weeks gestation. The Santorums have been criticized by some for letting their children hold the dead baby; in the interview, Santorum said that "no one can tell me how to grieve."

"We brought Gabriel home from the hospital to have a funeral mass and to bury him. And so they twist it and make it sound like it was some crazy thing," she said in the segment set to be shown Tuesday. "We brought him home from the hospital to introduce him to our kids and place him, it was for the funeral mass and the burial. And what is so sad to me Jan is that no one can tell me how to grieve, and I'm not going to tell anyone else how to grieve. It's not right."

Santorum also said in the interview that the press tries to "corner" her husband on social issues.

"You know, every aspect of this race, any issue out there, he's brilliant," she said.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2012, 09:52:25 PM

So will I, but genius staff that he has, they didn't file for a full compliment for delegates throughout the state, so he can only win so many in Ohio, regardless of his total number of votes.

You have to file for that?  :huh:

If you're on a statewide ballot you should be able to win all of them.

45% in, Santorum up by 17k.

QuoteSantorum, by not filing delegate slates in some congressional districts and filing only partial slates in others, may be ineligible for up to 18 of Ohio's 66 delegates.

jimmy olsen

59% of the vote in, margin at 11k votes

45% of Cincinnati in. Santorum will win.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 06, 2012, 10:07:31 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2012, 09:52:25 PM

You have to file for that?  :huh:

If you're on a statewide ballot you should be able to win all of them.

45% in, Santorum up by 17k.

QuoteSantorum, by not filing delegate slates in some congressional districts and filing only partial slates in others, may be ineligible for up to 18 of Ohio's 66 delegates.
:face: :lmfao:

jimmy olsen

61% in and the margin is back up to 13k. This will probably be called soon.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 06, 2012, 10:06:08 PM

Rick Santorum's wife says in an interview that their decision to bring their dead baby son to their kids wasn't "some crazy thing" and that it was a personal way to cope with his death.

In an interview with CBS News's Jan Crawford, Karen Santorum opened up about the criticism she and her husband faced for taking their son, Gabriel, home after he died shortly after being born at 20 weeks gestation. The Santorums have been criticized by some for letting their children hold the dead baby; in the interview, Santorum said that "no one can tell me how to grieve."

"We brought Gabriel home from the hospital to have a funeral mass and to bury him. And so they twist it and make it sound like it was some crazy thing," she said in the segment set to be shown Tuesday. "We brought him home from the hospital to introduce him to our kids and place him, it was for the funeral mass and the burial. And what is so sad to me Jan is that no one can tell me how to grieve, and I'm not going to tell anyone else how to grieve. It's not right."

Santorum also said in the interview that the press tries to "corner" her husband on social issues.

"You know, every aspect of this race, any issue out there, he's brilliant," she said.

Old News.  I brought this one up months ago.  They are really creepy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on March 06, 2012, 10:09:04 PM
:face: :lmfao:

That's OK, Gingrich isn't registered in his home state of Georgia since he lives in Virginia now, and since his staff goofed by not putting him on the Virginia ballot, he couldn't even vote for himself.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on March 06, 2012, 10:11:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 06, 2012, 10:06:08 PM

Old New.  I brought this one up months ago.  They are really creepy.

I felt it was topical.  And I like to rub feoutesuouses in derspiess' face.

jimmy olsen

Lol. Brian Williams just said "the Baltimore Colts released Peyton Manning".

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2012, 10:15:10 PM
:yeah:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2012, 10:15:10 PM

NEVER FORGET :yeah:

katmai

So Ray Lewis will retire from the Cleveland Browns...gotcha.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Don't you have anything better to do, like lick Ron Paul mailing envelopes or something?

katmai

Just because he's the only one to actually visit this state doesn't mean I would vote for that nutbag.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son