Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 24, 2012, 12:37:50 AM
Quote from: Neil on January 23, 2012, 10:21:51 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2012, 09:29:13 PM
only exceeding Richard Nixon in personal vendetta asshattery.
What the fuck?
Nixon had a habit of seeing enemies that weren't there.  And you know that.
Nixon also had a lot of real enemies who would stop at nothing to destroy him.  And you know that.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on January 24, 2012, 07:42:34 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 24, 2012, 06:49:22 PM
Not to dispute the article, but I don't think it's right to call Nixon glib.

Isn't it saying he is a glib Richard Nixon? As in "richard Nixon, but glib"

Yes, it is.  This is the importance of commas, folks.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on January 24, 2012, 08:42:51 PM
What the fuck?
Nixon also had a lot of real enemies who would stop at nothing to destroy him.  And you know that.

So does everyone.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

What the fuck?

You should stop using him as your avatar.  You're not even a US citizen.  How'd you like it if people ran around with Pierre Trudeau avatars?

Razgovory

If we had a national primary, that might mean something.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 25, 2012, 02:56:28 AM
What the fuck?
You should stop using him as your avatar.  You're not even a US citizen.  How'd you like it if people ran around with Pierre Trudeau avatars?
Nixon was the greatest man of his era.  He deserves to be honoured around the world.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 25, 2012, 02:56:28 AM
What the fuck?

I'd hate it, but that has nothing to do with people not being Canadian citizens.

Now if people wanted to run around with a Deifenbaker avatar... :w00t:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on January 25, 2012, 09:44:45 AM

Now if people wanted to run around with a Deifenbaker avatar... :w00t:

Done that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on January 25, 2012, 09:44:45 AM
I'd hate it, but that has nothing to do with people not being Canadian citizens.
<_< Just watch me.
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Only those who voted for him like Trudeau.

and maybe Ontarians.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 23, 2012, 11:10:42 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 23, 2012, 09:32:15 PM
How the hell is Mr third wife doing so well in these primaries? what happened to the religious right?

They like him because he has the balls to openly what they wish they could get away with.

Considering, he has a nerve to at the same time oppose gay marriage because of "sanctity of marriage" and was one of the most bloodthirsty sharks after Clinton for the Lewinsky affair, I think this just proves that Republican voters are a bunch of racist homophobic scumbags.

Valmy

Racist?  Or are you one of the ones who hold that Clinton was in fact the first black president of the US?  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."