News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on January 19, 2012, 01:33:23 PM
I think Santorum's positions make him a non-decent guy.

Correct.  At a certain point, political positions demand the label of evil.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jacob

Quote from: Ideologue on January 19, 2012, 03:39:21 PM

I guess I've lost track of them. What evil positions does Santorum hold?

(Evil enough to turn garbon against him, no less  :ph34r:)

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on January 19, 2012, 03:37:06 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on January 19, 2012, 11:11:01 AM
Former Gingrich Wife Says He Asked for 'Open Marriage'

'In an interview to be broadcast Thursday night, a former wife of Newt Gingrich says he asked for an "open marriage" to continue his affair with the woman who is his current wife.
"He came to her and said I want to stay married to you and still have an affair with Callista." Marianne said Mr. Gingrich asked her to "share" him. That was unacceptable to her and the marriage ended.'

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/19/former-gingrich-wife-says-he-asked-for-open-marriage/

OK, I know for whom I must vote on Saturday.

You're not saying if that is swaying you positively or negatively.   :P

For what it's worth, I've seen that so many times in libertarian 'conservative' types they espouse policies about personal responsibility and limited government, and yet when push comes to shove the only loyalty they demonstrate in their private lives is to whatever their selfish motivation happens to be at that moment.

In short narcissistic, egotistical 'takers'.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: Jacob on January 19, 2012, 03:41:18 PM

Indeed.

Pro-life, anti-gay, anti-tax, anti-regulation, pro-religion--and not just a little bit.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on January 19, 2012, 03:45:30 PM

'In an interview to be broadcast Thursday night, a former wife of Newt Gingrich says he asked for an "open marriage" to continue his affair with the woman who is his current wife.
"He came to her and said I want to stay married to you and still have an affair with Callista." Marianne said Mr. Gingrich asked her to "share" him. That was unacceptable to her and the marriage ended.'

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/19/former-gingrich-wife-says-he-asked-for-open-marriage/

You're not saying if that is swaying you positively or negatively.   :P

Because I'm not sure which. :lol:
Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on January 19, 2012, 03:41:18 PM

QuoteDuring an interview with the Associated press in 2003, Santorum was asked his views on the sexual abuse of children by Catholic priests. Santorum said the priests were engaged in "a basic homosexual relationship", and remarked, "I have a problem with homosexual acts". He argued that the extended right to privacy ruled in Griswold v. Connecticut does not exist in the United States Constitution and that laws should exist against polygamy, adultery, sodomy, and other actions "antithetical to a healthy, stable, traditional family". Santorum stated that such actions were harmful to society, observing, "Every society in the history of man has upheld the institution of marriage as a bond between a man and a woman.... In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That's not to pick on homosexuality. It's not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing. And when you destroy that you have a dramatic impact on the quality"

QuoteSantorum has stated that he does not believe a "right to privacy" is part of the Constitution; he has been critical of the Supreme Court decision in Griswold v. Connecticut (1965), which held that the Constitution guaranteed that right, and overturned a law prohibiting the sale and use of contraceptives to married couples.  He has described contraception as "a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be."

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Oh, yeah, I forgot he wanted to over turn Griswold too.  That makes him basically insane.

The man would take away the right to facials if he could, Jacob.  Do you understand?
Kinemalogue

The Brain

What's wrong with having three coiti in your life if you want three kids?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

You've gone GOP?  :huh:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 19, 2012, 03:58:49 PM

SC has an open primary.  I'm participating in order to sabotage it.
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 19, 2012, 03:58:49 PM

Open primary.  He's trying to game it.

He would heckle a speech if he could get the time off.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on January 19, 2012, 03:52:57 PM
QuoteHe has described contraception as "a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be."

Actually it is a license to not have to do those things. :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Phillip V

You sure? Who.

There are still two days left where anything can happen, such as the debate tonight and further "scandal".

Ideologue

Oh, sure, I'll make a final decision tomorrow.
Kinemalogue

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on January 19, 2012, 04:12:45 PM
Oh, sure, I'll make a final decision tomorrow.

So, who are you voting for Cain or Gingerich?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.