News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on January 17, 2012, 09:36:27 PM
I might.  Ten years in the House and my loans get discharged.

Oh, also, helping people and shit.

That requires actually getting elected.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

I'm ready to be South Carolina's first Hispanic representative.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Phillip V

On the back of a powerful debate performance and attacks on Romney, Gingrich may be taking back the lead on the eve of the South Carolina primary.

Santorum seems to be losing to Paul for third place.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/sc/south_carolina_republican_presidential_primary-1590.html

Valmy

Much like he did with his cancerous wife, he is leaving them all behind.

Meanwhile Rick Perry is about to drop out: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/rick-perry-to-drop-out-of-gop-race-report/article2307804/
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on January 19, 2012, 09:43:03 AM
And he's endorsing Newt...

Well he hates Mitt so that was a given.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Phillip V

Quote from: Valmy on January 19, 2012, 09:43:50 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on January 19, 2012, 09:43:03 AM
And he's endorsing Newt...

Well he hates Mitt so that was a given.

Gingrich was already gaining momentum. Will this give him the final burst to win South Carolina?

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on January 19, 2012, 09:47:53 AM
Gingrich was already gaining momentum. Will this give him the final burst to win South Carolina?

I do not think it matters.  If he really needs a huge surge to beat Mitt in the South he is going to be in trouble.  The rest of the country is going Romney, barring some sort of huge swing, and they had to destroy him in the South to build that sort of swing.

Phillip V

Quote from: Valmy on January 19, 2012, 09:50:47 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on January 19, 2012, 09:47:53 AM

I do not think it matters.  If he really needs a huge surge to beat Mitt in the South he is going to be in trouble.  The rest of the country is going Romney, barring some sort of huge swing, and they had to destroy him in the South to build that sort of swing.

It matters in that the longer the nomination race is, the more Romney has to become an extremist Republican.

Sheilbh

Rasmussen had Romney only 3% ahead of Newt in their latest national polls.  If Santorum were to drop out after SC and endorse Newt that would be helpful.

However national polls in a primary aren't really that helpful and after SC and Florida I think there's a number of Western states, which will be very good for Romney.

I feel sorry for Santorum, there's lots of reports that when Iowa actually certifies the result he will have won.  Had that been reported a fortnight ago I think it would have made for a totally different story.

It is extraordinary how in every election Mitt has all of his opponents end up genuinely hating him :lol:

Edit:  Time's pointed out that perhaps more importantly Perry could transfer his super-PAC and fundraisers to Newt.  Which would be a very helpful.
Let's bomb Russia!

Phillip V

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 19, 2012, 10:03:54 AM
Rasmussen had Romney only 3% ahead of Newt in their latest national polls.  If Santorum were to drop out after SC and endorse Newt that would be helpful.

However national polls in a primary aren't really that helpful and after SC and Florida I think there's a number of Western states, which will be very good for Romney.

I feel sorry for Santorum, there's lots of reports that when Iowa actually certifies the result he will have won.  Had that been reported a fortnight ago I think it would have made for a totally different story.

It is extraordinary how in every election Mitt has all of his opponents end up genuinely hating him :lol:

Who would NOT hate the handsome, rich, preppy guy! :D

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on January 19, 2012, 09:34:16 AM
Much like he did with his cancerous wife, he is leaving them all behind.

:XD:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

Former Gingrich Wife Says He Asked for 'Open Marriage'

'In an interview to be broadcast Thursday night, a former wife of Newt Gingrich says he asked for an "open marriage" to continue his affair with the woman who is his current wife.
"He came to her and said I want to stay married to you and still have an affair with Callista." Marianne said Mr. Gingrich asked her to "share" him. That was unacceptable to her and the marriage ended.'

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/19/former-gingrich-wife-says-he-asked-for-open-marriage/

Admiral Yi

fhdz

Lol. That's going to go over well with the Religious Right!

Also: :nelson:, Rick Perry.
and the horse you rode in on