News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

You get hit in the head lately?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Oh, look; Raz crying for attention again.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

To be fair, that is a valid question to ask in this case.

Razgovory

I wasn't crying, I'm just curious why you would say such a bizarre thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Would Paul even accept a VP nomination? He's pretty big on sticking to his principles - it's hard to see him accepting a position where he'd have to always support Romney's policies.

It could be the most contentious Pres-VP relationship since Jefferson & Burr.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ideologue

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 16, 2012, 01:12:45 AM
Would Paul even accept a VP nomination? He's pretty big on sticking to his principles - it's hard to see him accepting a position where he'd have to always support Romney's policies.

It could be the most contentious Pres-VP relationship since Jefferson & Burr.

Is Ron Paul going to gun down Tim Geithner? :o
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Phillip V

My VP picks for Romney:

- Retired General and current CIA Director David Petraeus
- Governor Bob McDonnell of Virginia
- Governor Mitch Daniels of Indiana
- Rep. Ron Paul / Sen. Rand Paul (long-shot)

Phillip V

One may think Huntsman's withdrawal and endorsement might prove little benefit for Romney in South Carolina, but in addition to the momentum boost, Huntsman has been polling about 5% in the state, tied with Rick Perry. At least a third of Huntsman supporters have historically had Romney has their second choice, so every point counts if Romney is to pull at least a razor-thin plurality like McCain did in 2008.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/sc/south_carolina_republican_presidential_primary-1590.html

Viking

Quote from: Phillip V on January 16, 2012, 04:42:59 AM
My VP picks for Romney:

- Retired General and current CIA Director David Petraeus
- Governor Bob McDonnell of Virginia
- Governor Mitch Daniels of Indiana
- Rep. Ron Paul / Sen. Rand Paul (long-shot)

Romney is going to pick somebody like Palin; a person with true blue red blooded protestant jeebus faith. So my present shortlist is

- Tim Tebow
- Sarah Palin
- Tim Pawlenty
- Haley Barbour
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on January 16, 2012, 05:39:34 AM
Romney is going to pick somebody like Palin; a person with true blue red blooded protestant jeebus faith. So my present shortlist is

- Tim Tebow
- Sarah Palin
- Tim Pawlenty
- Haley Barbour

Tebow can't run until he's 35.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 16, 2012, 05:46:12 AM
Quote from: Viking on January 16, 2012, 05:39:34 AM

- Tim Tebow
- Sarah Palin
- Tim Pawlenty
- Haley Barbour

Tebow can't run until he's 35.

OK, Stephen Baldwin.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on January 16, 2012, 06:37:29 AM
OK, Stephen Baldwin.

I see your Stephen Baldwin, and raise you one FRANK STALLONE.

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2012, 10:27:38 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2012, 09:51:37 PM
Quote from: DGuller on January 15, 2012, 09:47:11 PM
Breaking news:  some guy named Jon Huntsman was actually running for the Republican nomination until tonight.   :huh:

If Romney doesn't get the nomination, Huntsman would be prime VP material.

No way.  Huntsman is part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor.
He'll go with that young guy Rubio or something.

Ricky Rubio?  :w00t: