Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 12, 2012, 11:28:12 AM
Huntsman - 61%
Obama - 56%

I dislike quizzes and definitely am not going to one that's shyte, but I'm curious what questions you answered that pushed your Hunstman score above your Obama score.

garbon

Quote from: fahdiz on January 12, 2012, 11:37:53 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2012, 11:20:44 AM
That site seems annoying. I love quizzes but pass.

It's basically OKCupid for politics.

Every time I clicked on one of the questions, it had to load a new page and then I'd have to go to the next question. Quizzes that just go in order from question to question are better. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2012, 11:38:51 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 12, 2012, 11:28:12 AM
Huntsman - 61%
Obama - 56%

I dislike quizzes and definitely am not going to one that's shyte, but I'm curious what questions you answered that pushed your Hunstman score above your Obama score.
It doesn't say.

I'd guess a combo of moderate pro-life, liking Huntsman's tax plan and all its elements and thinking that while we should act on the environment I don't really care that much.
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 12, 2012, 09:34:03 AM
He's not gonna be seen as a "New England Republican" when this is all over. He'll be seen as a Republican. And favorite son status isn't what it used to be- Gore would have been President if he had won Tennessee; he didn't. Also, Minnesota hasn't gone Republican since Nixon.
I would be shocked if Romney won Massachusetts.  Even though a former governor, this state is very hard to win for Republican President. Romney isn't all that popular, though as a more moderate Repub that works better for him here.  The state voted for Reagan though, so it could happen though if certain circumstances happen like an ever worsening economy. And Romney would have to be seen quite a good alternative to Obama, which will take a lot to have happen here.

garbon

Quote from: KRonn on January 12, 2012, 12:16:02 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 12, 2012, 09:34:03 AM
He's not gonna be seen as a "New England Republican" when this is all over. He'll be seen as a Republican. And favorite son status isn't what it used to be- Gore would have been President if he had won Tennessee; he didn't. Also, Minnesota hasn't gone Republican since Nixon.
I would be shocked if Romney won Massachusetts.  Even though a former governor, this state is very hard to win for Republican President. Romney isn't all that popular, though as a more moderate Repub that works better for him here.  The state voted for Reagan though, so it could happen though if certain circumstances happen like an ever worsening economy. And Romney would have to be seen quite a good alternative to Obama, which will take a lot to have happen here.

Yeah I don't remember him as beloved.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: fahdiz on January 12, 2012, 11:07:59 AM
http://electnext.com/questions tells me I 'm best matched with Huntsman, seeing as how we both love long walks on the beach, farm dogs, and the color orange. A couple of percentage points behind him apparently is Obama.

Yay?

*shrug*  I got Obama then Huntsman, although Huntsman was 20 points back.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Phillip V on January 12, 2012, 09:05:20 AM
Here is my current projection of the electoral map if the economy stagnates or declines through to November.

http://www.270towin.com/2012_election_predictions.php?mapid=fdp

Lololololololol.  Fuck it, just give 'em California and New York, if you're gonna be this implausible.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Yeah Phil is smoking some serious good dope if he thinks that is plausible.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

I guess he really believes everything the Republicans say.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

citizen k

You can go ahead and color in Washington and Oregon blue, that's a given.

garbon

Gingrich's latest attack ad is about Romney's dog in 1983?

Sheilbh

That is the single biggest reason I dislike Romney...
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2012, 09:10:26 PM
Gingrich's latest attack ad is about Romney's dog in 1983?

This is a two-fold issue;  additional proof that Mitt Romney is a soulless Vulcan, and it's well known that Gingrich has always been an animal advocate.