News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

The cable networks have called it for Romney.

12% in

Romney: 35.5%
Ron Paul: 24.4%
Jon Huntsman: 17.4%
Newt Gingrich: 10.5%
Rick Santorum: 9.7%
Rick Perry: .7%
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

That should now allow him to give a primetime broadcast victory speech in 30-60 minutes; a good publicity boost.

Razgovory

I guess Rick Perry is unloved in the Granite State.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

It also looks like Santorum pulled a Huckabee, wasting his momentum campaigning in New Hampshire after Iowa instead of focusing on South Carolina (where Huckabee ended up losing to McCain by 2 points).

Sheilbh

Two points stand out for me. 

This is the best speech I've seen Romney give, he occassionally looks human.  He is dealing with a few genuine mentalists in the crowd.

Also Romney has five sons but has chosen the least handsome to stand behind him.  Disappointing <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Phillip V

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 10, 2012, 08:34:45 PM
Two points stand out for me. 

This is the best speech I've seen Romney give, he occassionally looks human.  He is dealing with a few genuine mentalists in the crowd.

Also Romney has five sons but has chosen the least handsome to stand behind him.  Disappointing <_<

Agree. That son did not have a pretty face. :(

Phillip V

The better-looking Romney sons were on the wings.

Sheilbh

I clocked them :)

I find it impossible to dislike a candidate whose crowd chants 'end the Fed!' and who uses the line 'studying the history of monetary policy in this country...' :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

Phillip V

A passionate, vigorous speech from Paul now. He physically inspires me more than the younger (!) McCain ever did. :D

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on January 10, 2012, 09:08:56 PM
A passionate, vigorous speech from Paul now. He physically inspires me more than the younger (!) McCain ever did. :D

:x on many levels.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

This isn't going well for Huntsman.  He really needs to fire his lighting man. 

On the other hand his daughters look lovely.

Edit:  And his crowd are by far the weakest chanters <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Got a decent return in with 50.2% reporting.

Romney: 37.3%
Ron Paul: 23.4%
Jon Huntsman: 17.3%
Newt Gingrich: 9.9%
Rick Santorum: 9.8%
Rick Perry: .8%
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

I'm glad Huntsman is getting some standing, 3rd in the NH primary it looks like. Good. I'm liking Huntsman the more I see him. I tend to hope he can surge some, gain some momentum, give another choice.

So what the heck is up with all the votes for Ron Paul? The guy is a radical no government type, along with other "out there" ideas. Now, to a point I can like that he wants to cut back government, but he goes way too far/radical. And other stuff, especially on Foreign Policy. As I've said before though, it looks like those annoyed over government are looking to him for some big changes. And between the OWS, Tea Party, and other folks not liking the way Washington has been doing business for a long time now, I guess I can understand Paul's popularity as there are a lot of disaffected folks.

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 10, 2012, 09:05:38 PM
I clocked them :)

I find it impossible to dislike a candidate whose crowd chants 'end the Fed!' and who uses the line 'studying the history of monetary policy in this country...' :wub:

OK, that's it.  Your next dumb parliamentary election, I'm "supporting" the BNP.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Phillip V

Quote from: KRonn on January 10, 2012, 09:47:25 PM
So what the heck is up with all the votes for Ron Paul? The guy is a radical no government type, along with other "out there" ideas. Now, to a point I can like that he wants to cut back government, but he goes way too far/radical. And other stuff, especially on Foreign Policy. As I've said before though, it looks like those annoyed over government are looking to him for some big changes. And between the OWS, Tea Party, and other folks not liking the way Washington has been doing business for a long time now, I guess I can understand Paul's popularity as there are a lot of disaffected folks.

He's about as radical as Thomas Jefferson.