News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Man, can things get any worse for Huntsman?  He's got -1% of the abortion vote, according to CNN.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: DGuller on January 04, 2012, 01:31:16 AM
Man, can things get any worse for Huntsman?  He's got -1% of the abortion vote, according to CNN.

That's what happens when you're a sane, reasonable man in today's GOP.
:(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

LaCroix

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 04, 2012, 01:35:50 AMThat's what happens when you're a sane, reasonable man in today's GOP.
:(

:yes:

it's one of the reasons why the GOP is not a viable option these days, at least nationally

Habbaku

Quote from: LaCroix on January 04, 2012, 01:37:25 AM
it's one of the reasons why the GOP is not a viable option these days, at least nationally

Okay, DG.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Is true.  When have I ever been wrong in my predictions?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on January 04, 2012, 01:57:52 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on January 04, 2012, 01:37:25 AM

Okay, DG.
:rolleyes:  I never claimed that GOP is not viable electorally.  I just claimed that GOP in its current incarnation courts proudly ignorant idiots.  I did not mean to imply that such a strategy is doomed to failure.

DGuller

Romney wins by about a dozen votes!  You heard it here first (and last, if I'm wrong).

DGuller

Massive math fail by CNN.  :lol:  Santorum leads by 4 votes with one precinct missing, the remaining precinct goes 51-33 for Romney/Santorum, and the math doesn't add up to 14 vote lead for Romney?  I guess after -1% for Huntsman, I should really lower my expectations for the CNN crew, especially given that half of them sound like they're shitfaced.

EDIT:  Finally they managed to do the arithmetic right over the commercial break.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 04, 2012, 02:37:25 AM
Wow, a 14 vote win! What a squeaker!
It's an 8 vote win, actually.  Those extra 6 votes that Romney picked up since 2008 made all the difference.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on January 04, 2012, 02:42:23 AM
It's an 8 vote win, actually.  Those extra 6 votes that Romney picked up since 2008 made all the difference.
I thought he got six less?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 04, 2012, 02:43:48 AM
Quote from: DGuller on January 04, 2012, 02:42:23 AM
I thought he got six less?
Damn, you're right.  It would've been so much better if he got 6 more rather than 6 less, because it would mean exactly an 8 vote swing, if those extra 6 were distributed evenly among the rest of the candidates.

Zanza

Quote from: Phillip V on January 03, 2012, 10:04:19 PM

What would happen if California, Texas and New York decide to hold their primaries in January next time?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Zanza on January 04, 2012, 02:58:02 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on January 03, 2012, 10:04:19 PM

What would happen if California, Texas and New York decide to hold their primaries in January next time?

Iowa, NH, and SC would hold theirs in December.
Of 2012.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help