Former lovers of undercover officers sue police over deceit

Started by jimmy olsen, December 17, 2011, 04:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

It seems to me that it in the UK, environmentalists and violent anarchists are one in the same.  Tearing up universities testing things on animals, using violence in order to prevent foxhunting, all that sort of nonsense.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

What's wrong with fox hunting?  Admittedly it seems kinda silly, but I don't make it a point to stop people from doing silly things.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Razgovory on December 20, 2011, 07:45:59 PM
What's wrong with fox hunting?  Admittedly it seems kinda silly, but I don't make it a point to stop people from doing silly things.
I think the animal rights lot - again distinct from environmentalists - objected to the perceived cruelty.  Chasing a fox for a few miles and then tearing it apart with a pack of dogs is probably a bit over the top.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 20, 2011, 07:51:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 20, 2011, 07:45:59 PM
I think the animal rights lot - again distinct from environmentalists - objected to the perceived cruelty.  Chasing a fox for a few miles and then tearing it apart with a pack of dogs is probably a bit over the top.

Eh, it's their cultural thing.  I can make reasonable exceptions for other cultures weird rituals.  I imagine it makes an easy target since few people engage in it, and it's mostly an upper class thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 20, 2011, 03:11:16 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 20, 2011, 03:08:08 PM
If you really love someone, then finding out later that they were a cop infiltrating your organization would not hinder your love. These ladies are lying.

If you really love someone, then finding out later that they were a reservoir of viral load would not hinder your love, either, I guess.

What is going on here? First Marti with racist comments and now you with those.  I don't see why someone having HIV would make you love them less. You might chose not to sleep with them (or you might continue) but really do you think that virus would cause you to stop loving someone?

The only possible bit, which then I take back my complaint at you, is if they knowingly were putting you at risk...but then I still wonder if your love would dissipate even with the rising hate.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on December 20, 2011, 08:06:31 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 20, 2011, 03:11:16 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 20, 2011, 03:08:08 PM
If you really love someone, then finding out later that they were a cop infiltrating your organization would not hinder your love. These ladies are lying.

If you really love someone, then finding out later that they were a reservoir of viral load would not hinder your love, either, I guess.

What is going on here? First Marti with racist comments and now you with those.  I don't see why someone having HIV would make you love them less. You might chose not to sleep with them (or you might continue) but really do you think that virus would cause you to stop loving someone?

The only possible bit, which then I take back my complaint at you, is if they knowingly were putting you at risk...but then I still wonder if your love would dissipate even with the rising hate.

Well, yeah, I meant if they knew.  If these guys didn't know they were cops, then I guess they're off the hook. :P

Reminds me, once I get some funds, I'm taking a CCR5 Delta 32 test.  It would render questions of my love for the HIV+ quite moot.

P.S.: I know my comment about your coworkers' unfortunately echoed Marti's a little bit, but I was basing it on something you said a few weeks ago, but I can't remember it.  Something about Belgium not being a country, I think.
Kinemalogue

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on December 20, 2011, 08:03:09 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 20, 2011, 08:01:34 PM
Same thing the fox does to the animals it kills.
Fox ain't gotta choice.
Neither do we.  We kill animals for pleasure.  That's what civilization is all about.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on December 20, 2011, 08:03:09 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 20, 2011, 08:01:34 PM
Same thing the fox does to the animals it kills.

Fox ain't gotta choice.

This is why Vegetarians shouldn't be allowed to make policy decisions.  First Hitler, now Ide.

Ideologue

Quote from: RazThis is why Vegetarians shouldn't be allowed to make policy decisions.  First Hitler, now Ide.

So I don't eat meat, like tanks, and advocate a system of camps.  I think the similarities end there.
Kinemalogue

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on December 20, 2011, 08:15:40 PM
Quote from: RazThis is why Vegetarians shouldn't be allowed to make policy decisions.  First Hitler, now Ide.
So I don't eat meat, like tanks, and advocate a system of camps.  I think the similarities end there.
You also advocate bad policies.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Razgovory on December 20, 2011, 08:02:27 PM
Eh, it's their cultural thing.  I can make reasonable exceptions for other cultures weird rituals.  I imagine it makes an easy target since few people engage in it, and it's mostly an upper class thing.
What about cock fighting?  Dog fighting?  Bear baiting?  I think it's equally reasonable for a culture, as a whole, to ban things perceived to be cruel to animals.
Let's bomb Russia!