Former lovers of undercover officers sue police over deceit

Started by jimmy olsen, December 17, 2011, 04:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 17, 2011, 04:02:59 AM
Can't wait to see what the noted feminists of Languish have to say about this.
The women say the men "deliberately and knowingly deceived" them into forming intimate relationships of up to nine years by concealing their real identities.
"Isn't that like all relationships?" Is that what you were looking for from our noted feminists?

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on December 19, 2011, 07:33:55 AM
I don't view it as particularly different from a guy who has two different families in two different states (unbeknowst to either one), and I think we can imagine how wasteful--how "inefficient"--that sort of relationship might be.  And that has criminal penalties.  Here we're only interested in civil penalties.  I think they're appropriate.
See, and this is why you have to die.  You can't help yourself.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2011, 07:52:12 AM
I don't view it as particularly different from a guy who has two different families in two different states (unbeknowst to either one), and I think we can imagine how wasteful--how "inefficient"--that sort of relationship might be.  And that has criminal penalties.  Here we're only interested in civil penalties.  I think they're appropriate.

Again you seem to premise your position on the assumption that the granola chicks were interested in some sort of long term commitment.

QuoteOne woman says she had a relationship with him between 2004 and 2010, while another says their relationship lasted between 2003 and 2005.

If you want to impute atypical motivations on the part of the "granola chicks," I guess that's your bag.  I'm not saying that in no wise could they be trumping things up--I've not read the complaint, there has been no trial--but for my purposes here I'm taking the allegations as true.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on December 19, 2011, 08:24:07 AM
See, and this is why you have to die.

Oh, there are a number of reasons.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Brazen on December 19, 2011, 08:02:23 AM
The women say the men "deliberately and knowingly deceived" them into forming intimate relationships of up to nine years by concealing their real identities.
"Isn't that like all relationships?" Is that what you were looking for from our noted feminists?

Bitches were asking for it.  They were alive, weren't they?
Kinemalogue

garbon

Isn't that only criminal if you are married to both?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 19, 2011, 08:45:33 AM
Yeah, fair enough, but that's what I meant.

Well if these cops didn't marry 2+ women, I don't see the comparison.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on December 19, 2011, 11:30:29 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 19, 2011, 08:45:33 AM
Yeah, fair enough, but that's what I meant.
Well if these cops didn't marry 2+ women, I don't see the comparison.
Anything to run up those billable hours and insert the law into places where it doesn't belong.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

garbon

Shopped this around the office and the general response was "bitches be trippin'."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Brazen on December 19, 2011, 08:02:23 AM
Yup, that's basically what I expected.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on December 19, 2011, 11:49:51 PM
Shopped this around the office and the general response was "bitches be trippin'."

Maybe you shouldn't work with blacks?  :bowler:

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on December 20, 2011, 02:56:32 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 19, 2011, 11:49:51 PM

Maybe you shouldn't work with blacks?  :bowler:

I'm not sure how that would ever be an acceptable statement, you racist fuck.