News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gups

So the cricket T20 world cup started in the West Indies and United States yesterday.

Delighted to see that the opening match replicated the first ever international sporting fixture - UNited States v Canada.

Easy USA win

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/article/2024/jun/02/usa-canada-t20-world-cup-opener-dallas-grand-prairie-match-report-scores-result

Josquius

Surprised to see the American team are not all Asian guys. There's some corner of the country where cricket is a thing?

I remember seeing there was a baltic cricket tournament some years ago which was basically just first gen immigrants playing each other.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Josquius on June 04, 2024, 11:50:29 AMSurprised to see the American team are not all Asian guys. There's some corner of the country where cricket is a thing?

Not that I know of. Everywhere I have been cricket being played it was always Indian and Pakistani immigrants.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."