Long Term Friendships With Those Of Your Sexual Preference ?

Started by mongers, December 14, 2011, 04:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Caliga on December 14, 2011, 11:25:48 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 14, 2011, 11:19:41 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 14, 2011, 11:13:33 PM
See, I'm afraid I would be like Berkut and daydream about doing my female friends, hence my 'nofemale friends with big boobs' policy.

You already daydream about doing femals with big boobs who are NOT your friends, what would it matter if you daydream about doing one that ARE your friends?
Seems like if I am friends with them the chances of acting on that daydreaming would go up, and I don't trust myself...  :Embarrass:

Hmm. I guess in theory there is a greater chance I have an affair with a friend than a not-friend, if only because I spend more time around friends.

On the other hand, the choice to be unfaithful doesn't (to me anyway) really revolve around opportunity. I don't think what is holding me back from cheating could be the lack of friends to cheat with - hell, if I decided to cheat, I think I would rather cheat with a stranger anyway.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on December 15, 2011, 12:03:12 AMhell, if I decided to cheat, I think I would rather cheat with a stranger anyway.

Wouldn't that on some level depend on the end goal of the cheating?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

I have female friends.   :)   Only one close female friend at the moment, but it has been otherwise in the past.  There has been sexual tension with some, sure, but I am of the school that straight male friends tend to have (displaced) sexual tension anyways..   :elvis:  My first and closest friends after high school were gay men.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

mongers

Quote from: garbon on December 15, 2011, 12:10:08 AM
Quote from: Berkut on December 15, 2011, 12:03:12 AMhell, if I decided to cheat, I think I would rather cheat with a stranger anyway.

Wouldn't that on some level depend on the end goal of the cheating?

It's only cheating if you're caught ??

I guess the odds are if you cheat with a friend then it's in all likelihood going blow in everyones face.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on December 15, 2011, 12:12:53 AM
It's only cheating if you're caught ??

I guess the odds are if you cheat with a friend then it's in all likelihood going blow in everyones face.

No, I wasn't suggesting something so ridiculous and untrue. I meant as far as the end goal. If the end goal was to cheat and get away with it secretly then sure a stranger would be best (Fatal Attraction scenarios notwithstanding) but if the goal was to get caught and "free" oneself of bonds one could consciously not break...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on December 14, 2011, 06:53:58 PM
You hide under a table? :D
It was purely in jest. Saying "Hide!" in a silly voice then doing so.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Moi aussi. -_-

At least, none to speak of these days.  Last close buddy took the train to Chi-town, where he can be unemployed in style while he lives off his boyfriend's new job.  Law school: like an MRS degree for fags?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ideologue on December 15, 2011, 07:39:42 AMLaw school: like an MRS degree for fags?

Now that you mention it, I don't know a single single gay man at law school.  :hmm:  And what has Faeelin been up to?...

Camerus

I tend to get on better with women than I do with men, and as such the overwhelming majority of my friends are women.  It's been my experience that there is usually some sexual tension in the beginning of that kind of friendship, but that it will fade over the years, and perhaps even seem a bit incestuous eventually.

Jacob

Quote from: mongers on December 14, 2011, 07:06:21 PMHey, you missed my compliment further up in the thread.  :mad:

No no, I got it and appreciated it :cheers:

I just didn't know how to respond to it...  :blush:

Valmy

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on December 15, 2011, 07:55:21 AM
I tend to get on better with women than I do with men, and as such the overwhelming majority of my friends are women.  It's been my experience that there is usually some sexual tension in the beginning of that kind of friendship, but that it will fade over the years, and perhaps even seem a bit incestuous eventually.

Yep.  My experience exactly.  I mean except I have about equal numbers of male and female friends.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."