News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tim's All Important GOP Endorsement!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 14, 2011, 12:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

What's the carat price of diamonds? And don't they think that the core of Neptune is diamond? If we can mine that core we'll have enough money to colonize the galaxy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Faeelin

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 16, 2011, 12:18:14 AM

The technology is too expensive now. Presumably there's a lot more advances to be made and eventually it could be some billionaire's vanity project.

Again, what major changes have we seen in space flight over the last 50 years which makes you think there are a lot more advances to be made?

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on December 16, 2011, 08:25:04 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 16, 2011, 12:18:14 AM

The technology is too expensive now. Presumably there's a lot more advances to be made and eventually it could be some billionaire's vanity project.

Again, what major changes have we seen in space flight over the last 50 years which makes you think there are a lot more advances to be made?

To be fair - just because there is slow development in an area for a while doesn't mean that there aren't advances to be made.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2011, 08:40:36 AM
To be fair - just because there is slow development in an area for a while doesn't mean that there aren't advances to be made.

No, that's true, but I just can't think of anything that would be worthwhile and so far all Tim and Peter have said is they hope/believe that at some point some radical change will occur to make ::mumble:: economically justifiable.

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on December 16, 2011, 08:46:02 AM

No, that's true, but I just can't think of anything that would be worthwhile and so far all Tim and Peter have said is they hope/believe that at some point some radical change will occur to make ::mumble:: economically justifiable.

Oh agreed, that's why I said to be fair. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Faeelin on December 16, 2011, 08:25:04 AM

Better computers. Advances in solar energy(so maybe the ship can refuel itself en route one day). Better understanding of the underlying chemistry and physics. I don't think we've reached our technological summit by a long shot.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Faeelin on December 16, 2011, 08:46:02 AM

Solar power satellites.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

katmai

I gladly support shooting Tim off into orbit, never to be heard from again.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2011, 12:03:28 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 16, 2011, 12:00:57 PM
Solar power satellites.

What does that have to do with colonizing Mars? :unsure:

Nothing.  But you didn't say Mars, you said space, didn't you? :unsure:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grinning_Colossus

The Great Filter is democratic government and good accounting.

That's big-D Democratic for you, Tim.  :P
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?