NTSB recommends full ban on use of cell phones while driving

Started by KRonn, December 13, 2011, 05:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 14, 2011, 05:10:59 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 14, 2011, 05:03:59 PM
The best way to do it would be to let individual citizens enforce it.  By letting people drive sell phone users off the road or shoot out their windows.

:)

Good call.  :D
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on December 15, 2011, 01:14:42 AM
Huh? :huh:

Well, it only takes 5-10 minutes from flagging them down to leaving to hand somebody a ticket for hundreds of dollars. Seems a cop actively looking for traffic violations would easily offset his own salary with ticket revenues, even considering the downtime between stops.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: 11B4V on December 15, 2011, 01:14:10 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on December 14, 2011, 04:40:14 PM

The other thing is, the police needs to fight crime, they don't have the manpower to be the enforcer of a nanny state with so many laws.

How many wanted criminals are pulled over and nabbed during a routine traffic stops.

example...For not wearing seat belt or cellphone or rolling a stop sign/light or expired reg. or failing to signal or aggressive driving or illegal lane change...etc

Driving While Black, Driving While Poor, etc.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

11B4V

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 15, 2011, 07:44:16 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 15, 2011, 01:14:10 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on December 14, 2011, 04:40:14 PM

The other thing is, the police needs to fight crime, they don't have the manpower to be the enforcer of a nanny state with so many laws.

How many wanted criminals are pulled over and nabbed during a routine traffic stops.

example...For not wearing seat belt or cellphone or rolling a stop sign/light or expired reg. or failing to signal or aggressive driving or illegal lane change...etc

Driving While Black, Driving While Poor, etc.

Quit being a Hippie.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: 11B4V on December 15, 2011, 07:53:43 AM
Quit being a Hippie.

:D  "Mind if I take a look around, son?"
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

11B4V