HR rant: "You are too stupid to get a job, even in banking"

Started by The Larch, December 13, 2011, 08:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Brazen

Quote from: Ideologue on December 22, 2011, 09:03:21 AM
What is a DBA, anyway?  Database auditor?
Database Administrator. Another once of the things I used to do.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Brazen on December 22, 2011, 09:15:44 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 22, 2011, 09:03:21 AM
What is a DBA, anyway?  Database auditor?
Database Administrator. Another once of the things I used to do.
You had the power. 
PDH!

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on December 22, 2011, 09:21:21 AM
Did she have the touch?

he

Great scene.  Marky Mark did an ossum job of singing *just enough* off key.

Caliga

Those worthless chickenshit cunts didn't respond to my enraged feedback.  Oh well, they go on the ignore list. :)

Fortunately I work with two other firms that have recruiters who actually know what the fuck they're doing, so I don't need them.  BUH-BYE Robert Half.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on December 22, 2011, 08:51:23 PM
BUH-BYE Robert Half.

Oh lord.  No wonder you're enraged.  That's really scraping the bottom of the barrel. :D
Experience bij!

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 23, 2011, 12:46:54 AM
Oh lord.  No wonder you're enraged.  That's really scraping the bottom of the barrel. :D
We had an existing relationship with them, so our HR VP insisted I try to work with them too. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

I did an interview on Friday and when we asked the guy if he had any previous experience working with and learning software he went on at length about his successful campaigns of Lord of the Rings, and how at first it was his fault the group kept failing, but eventually he led them to success.

I wasn't sure if he was serious or not, but I noticed he was wearing tennis shoes, and I asked him about that and he said he didn't have anything nicer, and that his wife had made him quit video games and go back to school and get a job.

I feel sorry for him, but I decided to be merciless and not recommend a second interview. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Darth Wagtaros

That was a commercial on G4, the video game network. 

HR Rep: I see you're experienced with Excel and Word, but what is a 34th Level Beast Lord?
PDH!