Breaking News - Deadly attack rocks central Liege in Belgium

Started by mongers, December 13, 2011, 07:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on December 13, 2011, 08:03:51 AM
Is Muslim vermin involved?

G.
no, it's because they abolished their gun registry and it's now easier to get a gun than register on Facebook... must be, we were told it would happen in Canada...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

JonasSalk

http://www.france24.com/en/20111213-italian-far-right-gunman-kills-two-florence

Another shooting in Florence, Italy.

QuoteAFP - An Italian far-right militant Tuesday killed two Senegalese vendors and wounded three people in a shooting spree in broad daylight in Florence after which he was found shot dead, media reported.

It doesn't say how they know he's a "far-right militant." I guess if you kill non-Italians, you're far-right according to AFP.

QuoteAround 200 Senegalese street vendors protested in the city centre after the shootings, crying and shouting "Shame! Shame!" and "Racists!" The vendors knocked over mopeds, rubbish bins and street signs in anger.

Shame on...the one guy who did it? He's a racist, or you're calling other people racists?
Yuman

BVN

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 13, 2011, 09:49:33 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 13, 2011, 09:28:19 AM
I have to say the grenade angle is very weird.  Why would they have grenades if they were not a terrorist or paramilitary group of some sort?
And how did they get grenades escaping from a courthouse?  Unless Belgian courts expect significantly fiercer inmates than in the UK.

It's a really weird (and obviously sad) attack.

Sorry, there was an attempted escape in the courthouse at about the same time and the two incidents got mixed up in the confusion after the attack. It was a lone nutter like already mentioned in this thread. He had a record for drugs and illegal possession of weapons and he was suspected of rape. He had a scheduled court meeting today, but apparently he had other plans...

He has no links whatsoever with muslim terrorism.

Valmy

Quote from: BVN on December 13, 2011, 02:01:44 PM

I didn't mean he was a muslim terrorist necessarily.  I was just wondering why else would you have a grenade if not to take out civilians?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

BVN

Quote from: Valmy on December 13, 2011, 02:04:18 PM

I didn't mean he was a muslim terrorist necessarily.  I was just wondering why else would you have a grenade if not to take out civilians?

The nutter-angle probably?

mongers

Apparently a lone gunman, unrelated to the court break-out, killed 5 and injured 120 before killing himself, named as Nordine Arman and 30something with a crimanal record including guns and drug offences.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

so two groups just decided to go on a spree at the same place and time?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on December 13, 2011, 04:28:35 PM
Apparently a lone gunman, unrelated to the court break-out, killed 5 and injured 120 before killing himself, named as Nordine Arman and 30something with a crimanal record including guns and drug offences.

Pothead.  Poor grallon, he wanted to get his hate on. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 13, 2011, 09:49:33 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 13, 2011, 09:28:19 AM
I have to say the grenade angle is very weird.  Why would they have grenades if they were not a terrorist or paramilitary group of some sort?
And how did they get grenades escaping from a courthouse?  Unless Belgian courts expect significantly fiercer inmates than in the UK.

It's a really weird (and obviously sad) attack.

Sorry, there was an attempted escape in the courthouse at about the same time and the two incidents got mixed up in the confusion after the attack. It was a lone nutter like already mentioned in this thread. He had a record for drugs and illegal possession of weapons and he was suspected of rape. He had a scheduled court meeting today, but apparently he had other plans...

Sounds a bit like the guy who shot a couple of people in court and then blew himself up in Germany in 1994.

There's a movie about him with Christoph Waltz.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111349/plotsummary
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grallon

Well it turns out, as expected, that the maggot was Moroccan, albeit 2nd generation.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on December 14, 2011, 11:29:02 AM
Well it turns out, as expected, that the maggot was Moroccan, albeit 2nd generation.

G.

He was a maggot because he murdered several people and injured hundreds, and not because he was Moroccan, right?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

He wasn't even Moroccan, he was Belgian.  Not a muslim, no ties to North Africa, spoke Belgianese.

Grallon seems to think there is something genetic about it, I think.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Martinus

Quote from: PDH on December 14, 2011, 05:48:08 PM
He wasn't even Moroccan, he was Belgian.  Not a muslim, no ties to North Africa, spoke Belgianese.

Grallon seems to think there is something genetic about it, I think.

They say there is a genetic link between faux Frenchness and pedophilia. Marc Detroux, grallon, the list is endless...

Slargos

Ah yes.

"Belgian"

Granted, the Belgians are a swarthy, filthy race.

But come on.  :rolleyes:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive