News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2012

Started by Maladict, December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Jaron on July 15, 2012, 10:44:16 PM
I don't know what I'm doing, but I've lost like 6 pounds since last Sunday by doing nothing. :lol: No exercise, no dietary changes. I nickname it 'The Jaron Diet' :thumbsup:

I believe the average human carries around 12 pounds of shit inside them at any given time. Did you, perhaps, take a crap before stepping on the scale?  :hmm:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Jaron

Quote from: merithyn on July 16, 2012, 12:54:39 PM
Quote from: Jaron on July 15, 2012, 10:44:16 PM
I don't know what I'm doing, but I've lost like 6 pounds since last Sunday by doing nothing. :lol: No exercise, no dietary changes. I nickname it 'The Jaron Diet' :thumbsup:

I believe the average human carries around 12 pounds of shit inside them at any given time. Did you, perhaps, take a crap before stepping on the scale?  :hmm:

:hmm:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

WE have been saying he's full of shit for a decade now......
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

That's one hell of a lot of shit, I thought food generally passed through a healthy intestinal tract in anything from a few hours to a couple of days. 

I'd have thought a good diet and moderate exercise would mitigate against the shit hanging around inside some secret cubbyholes for days on end, if the 12 lbs figure is to believed.

Or is it one of those made up facts that the colonic irrigation people use to make people uncomfortable about their own bodily function; and only their special services can fully perfect/clean the person, at a rate of fifty bucks an hour ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Quote from: mongers on July 16, 2012, 08:16:16 PM
That's one hell of a lot of shit, I thought food generally passed through a healthy intestinal tract in anything from a few hours to a couple of days. 

I'd have thought a good diet and moderate exercise would mitigate against the shit hanging around inside some secret cubbyholes for days on end, if the 12 lbs figure is to believed.

Or is it one of those made up facts that the colonic irrigation people use to make people uncomfortable about their own bodily function; and only their special services can fully perfect/clean the person, at a rate of fifty bucks an hour ?

:secret:  It was a joke.  :secret:

:hug:

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on July 16, 2012, 09:38:38 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 16, 2012, 08:16:16 PM

:secret:  It was a joke.  :secret:

:hug:

:hugs:

Oops my bad, missed that.    :blush:

I wasn't having a go at you, but I have heard people seriously trooting out those type of 'facts' and it does make one think how much do the really know about a key part of themselves ?

Josquius

I do wonder though....I mean poo obviously does weigh something...you clearly can't literally shit a stone but...I wonder how much
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on July 17, 2012, 09:51:37 AM
I do wonder though....I mean poo obviously does weigh something...you clearly can't literally shit a stone but...I wonder how much

I don't know depending on what you've eaten and how hydrated you are most of it should be water rather than solid material.

I think the upper end for bowel movement is around 1/2 kilo ? :unsure:   

Brazen

On Brainiac they gave someone a giant curry dinner and weighed him before and after an enormous poo. He only lost just over a pound.

Josquius

Wow. Not much at all. It always feels so much heavier when I hold it.... (joke)

Though you do lose more than that in sweat so kind of surprising.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on July 17, 2012, 10:39:29 AM
It always feels so much heavier when I hold it....

Gross.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Getting more workouts in lately.  My oldest boy (now 15) works out most days in our basement and I have been joining him most of those days.  My goal is to get back to pre-illness fitness levels by September.

MadImmortalMan

Wifey has signed up for a 12 week fitness "bootcamp" thing she can get free through work. She said she was inspired by my progress. Really, she's just scared that her husband is getting prettier than her.  :showoff:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 17, 2012, 12:01:53 PM
Getting more workouts in lately.  My oldest boy (now 15) works out most days in our basement and I have been joining him most of those days.  My goal is to get back to pre-illness fitness levels by September.

:w00t:

Go, go, CC!

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 23, 2012, 11:30:17 AM
Wifey has signed up for a 12 week fitness "bootcamp" thing she can get free through work. She said she was inspired by my progress. Really, she's just scared that her husband is getting prettier than her.  :showoff:

My one rule is that Max cannot weigh less than me. She may have a similar rule.  :sleep:

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: merithyn on July 23, 2012, 11:34:06 AM

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 23, 2012, 11:30:17 AM

My one rule is that Max cannot weigh less than me. She may have a similar rule.  :sleep:

I'd have to be dead to weigh less than her. She's like five foot nothing and a hundred pounds.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers