News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2012

Started by Maladict, December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Popped out yesterday evening, did 28 miles, came back via the seafront and river valley; bike got dusted in with a fair amount of sand. :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Working out 5 days a week now.  Ran for 30 minutes on Sunday.  Lungs doing fine.  Things looking good.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 23, 2012, 03:25:29 PM
Working out 5 days a week now.  Ran for 30 minutes on Sunday.  Lungs doing fine.  Things looking good.

:thumbsup:

Keep up the good work.

MadImmortalMan

Got out all my old wardrobe and can wear it. Pants I stopped wearing two years ago because I couldn't button them. Awesome.

I am now: 42-34-37

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

merithyn

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 26, 2012, 09:39:25 PM
Got out all my old wardrobe and can wear it. Pants I stopped wearing two years ago because I couldn't button them. Awesome.

I am now: 42-34-37

:w00t:

So am I! :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Capetan Mihali

I'm gonna be back in my 30x34 pants this year, I swear.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

MadImmortalMan

:lol:
@Meri: I'm sure my ribcage is bigger around than yours.

I lost 25 pounds just from lifting a year ago. That lasted a month. Then it leveled off. I gained back five, and then just got stronger. Which was great.

So I decided I wanted more definition. I looked up ways to lose only fat. I came upon Intermittent Fasting. I have been doing that for two weeks. Basically eating my first meal of the day at 6PM. Lost 7 pounds in that two weeks and now I need a new belt and can wear my old pants again. I'm back in time ten years. This shit works. Caveat: I have a history of being hypoglycemic, and have a standby supply of garbage to sugar me up if necessary. Caveat2: I do not adhere strictly to a low carb diet, and in fact still drink single malt scotch and good beer. Others probably do better than me. You gotta eat protein though. I have like a steak and three eggs every day, plus a 100g whey drink or two. Spent too long building all that up to lose it easy. So far it's not been a bad trade.

mongers

Hmm, as I found out a couple of days ago, cycling fairly vigerously for 2-3 hours in 85-90 degree heat doesn't agree with me.  :(

I think fundamentally I'm a Autumn/Winter person; I can cope with adverse weather and the cold, much better than I can the heat of high summer.   <_<

I need to re-adjust my outdoor activities/exercise for August; thinking of doing some night cycles across the forest.

MadImmortalMan

So. It's the weekend and nobody cares.

But I'm down 3.5 pounds this week. And last week and probably next week too.

MadImmortalMan

If I were a single man, I'd be cleaning up.

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 28, 2012, 06:37:06 AM
If I were a single man, I'd be cleaning up.

You had a Sphincter issue at a nightclub ?    :P

mongers

Went and did some shopping in my nearest urban area, ended up going along the seafront, down to Poole harbour and back via a loop in the Dorset countryside, did about 55 km, a cooler day made for a rather pleasant trip out, with very little traffic on the roads. (Olympics?)

PDH

Been biking all summer.  I am thinking of going down to Colorado in the next couple of weekends and bike over Independence Pass - 12000 or so feet.

http://www.usaprocyclingchallenge.com/sites/default/files/downloads/page/12%20UPC%20Stage%203%20Profile_0.pdf

If not, I will watch the pros do it in a few weeks.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on July 29, 2012, 06:40:18 PM
Been biking all summer.  I am thinking of going down to Colorado in the next couple of weekends and bike over Independence Pass - 12000 or so feet.

http://www.usaprocyclingchallenge.com/sites/default/files/downloads/page/12%20UPC%20Stage%203%20Profile_0.pdf

If not, I will watch the pros do it in a few weeks.

:cool:

Though rather you than me.

PDH

Even if I do make it, I would rather watch the peloton go over it than me.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM