News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 14

Started by MadBurgerMaker, December 08, 2011, 08:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on December 11, 2011, 11:44:58 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 11, 2011, 10:43:33 PM
Is it baseball season yet? :yucky:
Ewww.  No.

Well it would mean the Stanley Cup playoffs are only three months from completion.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 11, 2011, 10:36:28 PM
Best stat of the day.

QuoteYet the end result was Washington’s eighth loss in nine games. The Redskins will miss the playoffs for the fourth consecutive season and the ninth time in Daniel Snyder’s 12 years as owner.

I predicted 3-13 but it looks like 4-12.

God please take Luck or Griffin or somebody you stupid morons.  Snyder's love of old never-were QBs is at the heart as to why they have been so bad this whole time.  He keeps thinking he is the new Bobby Beathard and he is going to sign the next Doug Williams any moment now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 11, 2011, 07:41:07 PM
The Denver Tebows do it again, I don't even know...

Marion Barber had the spirit of the Lord come over him.

Valmy

By the way: awesome seats CdM.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 11, 2011, 11:19:31 PM
The Giants should probably cover that guy.

Edit: Wow.  Lots of stupid in this game right now.  Entertaining though.

Hahaha holy shit they blocked it.

The Cowboys constantly being full of fail really takes the sting out of the Redskins season.   Few fanbases cry like the cowgirls the entertainment value cannot be overstated.

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 11, 2011, 04:16:51 PM
ARRRRGH goddammit, Saints!    Okay I take that back, nice sack.

TEXANS IN THE PLAYOFFS!

Congrats.  Yates played an awesome game & showed great poise not commonly seen from Rookie QBs (i.e., pretty much what everyone had been saying about Dalton this year).  Houston did what great teams do-- overcome crippling injuries & find ways to win.  Would be nice if the Bengals learned to do that at some point.

Tough, tough loss for us.  On the field & in the locker room it was dead quiet, as if someone had died.  Would have been nice to get to week 17 with more of a fighting chance of getting in.  At this point I'll have to be happy if they go 9-7 (which will be a fight, given how Arizona has been playing).  I'm thinking Marvin Lewis is gone if there's an 8-8 finish. 

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

The Texans latest sacrifice to the football gods in exchange for a W:  Mike Brisiel, starting RG, broken leg.  Apparently, he broke it early in the game and stayed in, being all toughguy-like.  You could see him limping around in some of the closeups, but I didn't really think much of it since he was still in. 

Caldwell will start in his place, with...uh...I don't know who becoming the backup.  Brisiel may be able to make it back for the playoffs (it's apparently similar to what happened with Daniel Manning, surgery and all). 

Quote from: derspiess on December 12, 2011, 11:49:53 AM
I'm thinking Marvin Lewis is gone if there's an 8-8 finish.

Think so?

Strix

Quote from: Neil on December 11, 2011, 07:20:12 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 11, 2011, 07:12:40 PM
Hahahaha Marion Barber has money on the Broncos.
Even though the Broncos have no offence, we knew that the Bears were going to lose this game.

Still, it'll be funny watching Tebow play the Steelers on Wild Card Weekend.  James Harrison is going to have him picking out tombstones.

Hell no! The league office will make sure James and Troy are suspended for that game.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

sbr

Rough day for head coaches.  The Chiefs fired Todd Haley and the Dolphins let Sporano go.

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on December 12, 2011, 05:11:25 PM
Rough day for head coaches.  The Chiefs fired Todd Haley and the Dolphins let Sporano go.

I guess it's about the time to start doing that.  This part of the year is arguably much more stressful for teams that aren't making the playoffs than those that are.  If you're on the coaching staff you probably feel like your job is on the line and you need to pick up some wins (or at least have the specific players you coach play well) for job security or resume enhancement.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 12, 2011, 09:45:56 PM
Any idea what his deal is?

He dropped at least one that hit him in the hands yesterday.  The Texans already have Jacoby Jones to do that for them.

I think he's just old and it's catching up with him.  Either that, or he wasn't picking up the O or something.  The Texans are probably just going to bring up a guy from the PS (Maehl or that little dude Holliday).

Neil

Maybe the Bears will get him?  They could use a guy who isn't terrible.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Okay this game is just fucking awful.  What the hell are they doing?

E: lolz even the announcers are shitting all over the Rams.  I'd say they should just give the ball to Jackson on every play, but the last time they handed it off to him, his own OL absolutely blasted him.