News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Question about Steam, for non-english pipple

Started by Pedrito, December 07, 2011, 07:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

I DO NOT want Steam to install a localized version of the game I buy through them: I want the original english version.

Is there a way to explain this to the effing Steam Client??

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Grey Fox

In your game library, right click the game. Properties -> Languages
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Brain

LOL localized games. We had a couple of those in the 90s. They were fail.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on December 08, 2011, 02:21:03 AM
Howso?
Crap translation?

I don't know about technically bad but it was just too damn dorky. And more to the point completely unnecessary. We speak English here.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

szmik

Quote from: The Brain on December 08, 2011, 02:04:28 AM
LOL localized games. We had a couple of those in the 90s. They were fail.
They are ever popular here, almost all famous Polish actors lend their voices.... sometimes to many NPCs in the same game which kills the effect (Witcher :bleeding: ).
Other than that, when Witcher becomes Shepard effect isn't good either. :D

Real problem is you can't choose English version most of the time. Because prices are a little bit lower here (not that much in fact) localization is a must.

Steam is out of the question because 50 EUR isn't 50 $ and it doesn't give me an option. Or I just can't find a way to change it.  :yucky: Fortunately other US download services don't force EUR shit.

And then people do wonder why there is so much piracy in Eastern Europe.  :rolleyes: Give me a choice without that much hassle ffs.  :mad:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.