PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 24, 2016, 08:25:35 AM
Quote from: Tamas on February 24, 2016, 04:19:20 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 23, 2016, 08:15:50 PM
Slitherine games are on sale at Steam

I'd like to point you toward Heroes of Normandie. We have added the boardgame's cards (in public beta on Steam now). It changes up the game quite a bit, and I think the developers have made a pretty good job adoptin their use to asynchronous play (most important for MP).

It's not on sale here. Did you guys forget Canada?!

Look again.  It is on sale.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on February 24, 2016, 09:01:48 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 24, 2016, 08:25:35 AM
Quote from: Tamas on February 24, 2016, 04:19:20 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 23, 2016, 08:15:50 PM
Slitherine games are on sale at Steam

I'd like to point you toward Heroes of Normandie. We have added the boardgame's cards (in public beta on Steam now). It changes up the game quite a bit, and I think the developers have made a pretty good job adoptin their use to asynchronous play (most important for MP).

It's not on sale here. Did you guys forget Canada?!

:o R you sure? That's not supposed to happen.

It was that way last night, yes.

CC says it's fine now. :)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Hey SBR is Blood Bowl II with it at 50% off from steam?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Well, that depends.

It is NOT worth it for Single Player; I never thought they could make a worse AI but they managed to do so.

I don't play in the open public match-maker league, so I can't comment much on that, but I have heard that at high Team Values there is nothing but killer Chaos teams who don't even bother to play the ball as long as you have players to hurt/kill.  With no real consequence for games (no playoff, ladder never resets) it seems that very few games actually make it very far before one player or the other concedes.  AFAICT the open public league is a mess.

Most of my BB2 experience is with people I play BB1 with in private leagues, and in that regard BB2 is pretty good, though still not better than BB:Chaos Edition, mostly due to lack of teams.  There are only 10 teams available in BB2 at the moment, the rest are supposed to come along and be released as DLC.

The wildcard in all of this is, is that they will be releasing 4 new teams (Norse, Necromantic  :wub:, Undead, Nurgle) sometime soon and if you own the game when the first (Norse) is released you will get all 4 for free.  Norse was supposed to be released at the end of February but is now delayed until first part of March.

So if you were going to buy the game at some point, and just wondering if this is the right time then yes buy it.  If you would be getting it to play SP or screw around in the open MM league I would say pass.

Syt

"Insomnia Sale" on GOG.com. Games on sale are in constant rotation (e.g. 60 copies of X-Wing - when they're gone, next game goes on sale). Games go on sale more than once.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Matrix has a 30% off coupon on their site. Gonna get that ASL type game.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 24, 2016, 06:23:24 PM
Matrix has a 30% off coupon on their site. Gonna get that ASL type game.

ASL=gay
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Solmyr

Josquius

Quote from: Solmyr on April 12, 2016, 04:08:21 PM
There's a Humble Telltale Bundle on sale now: https://www.humblebundle.com/telltale-bundle

Already have Walking Dead and GoT.....but think I will buy for Back to the Future and Wolf Among Us
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Wolf Among Us is brilliant. It's a great bundle, pity I have most of those games already.

katmai

Quote from: celedhring on April 16, 2016, 02:24:34 PM
Wolf Among Us is brilliant. It's a great bundle, pity I have most of those games already.
Yeah having GoT, WD and WAU already means it's meh.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

Banner Saga is very cheap on steam.
It's good.
██████
██████
██████

Ancient Demon

Shadow of Mordor 75% off on Steam. Should I get it?
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Alcibiades

It was interesting and enjoyable, but I got bored with it and never finished it so ymmv.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain