Black Eye for Putin

Started by Jacob, December 04, 2011, 10:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 05, 2011, 05:19:10 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on December 05, 2011, 05:09:47 PMAND THEN HE BROKE ITS NECK
http://rt.com/news/bears-putin-far-east/
"People shouldn't fear bears.  Bears should be afraid of people."

QuoteWhile in the wildlife reserve, the Prime Minister watched the animals fishing in the salmon-rich Kuril Lake.

During the visit, one journalist asked whether it was safe to be close to the bears. Putin responded by suggesting it is the bears who are the vulnerable ones.

I wonder if he meant people in general or the bears are vulnerable because they are standing near Putin.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: fahdiz on December 05, 2011, 05:22:22 PM
That is, as an aside, one ridiculously cute puppy.

In Soviet Russia, Puppy hugs YOU!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Tonitrus

And a somewhat more intament moment with the aforementioned puppy...

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

It is from the recently canned V tv series.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Kleves

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 05, 2011, 08:50:24 PM
Tim, you forgot to log out as Tonitrus before posting.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Kleves on December 05, 2011, 11:26:53 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on December 05, 2011, 08:50:24 PM
Tim, you forgot to log out as Tonitrus before posting.

Meh, right now, my Russian is probably better than my English.

CountDeMoney

Those pics are awesome.  Who doesn't love that guy?

Tonitrus

Not to mention his personal photographer....

Jacob

Quote from: Martinus on December 05, 2011, 02:44:20 PM
Yes. But I'm surprised Jacob is cheering this as a great victory for democracy or something.

You think that's me cheering, huh?  :huh:

Razgovory

What do you look like cheering?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Quote from: Jacob on December 06, 2011, 02:13:36 AM
Yes. But I'm surprised Jacob is cheering this as a great victory for democracy or something.

Remember who you're quoting.  I certainly didn't get that impression.

dps

Quote from: Jacob on December 06, 2011, 02:13:36 AM

Marti wants to see your pom-poms.