Who will be the Republican Nominee for President (post Cain)

Started by Viking, December 03, 2011, 08:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Yi calls me Rasberry sometimes.  Occasionally I'll call him Rev, cause Reverend Moon is the only famous Korean I can think of.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on December 17, 2011, 06:54:56 PM
Do I have a fun nickname?  I'm sure I do, but I forget.

Dump Truck and Outhouse.  I think you had a third which I forgot.

KRonn

I am so sick of seeing Donald Trump being trotted out for opinion, or his "threats" to run again, or his foolishness on hosting a debate, or for his political viewpoints especially. I would have hoped we'd seen enough of him pretty quickly when he first jumped in the race. But man, he keeps coming back, or getting interviews on some cable station or another.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on December 17, 2011, 04:44:22 PM
Bmo made some good posts. Some of them were garbled if you chose to read them uncharitably, but almost everything he posted made sense.
True, but once you got past those two posts, it was all shit mangled into something close enough to shinola that Languish just bought it without looking.

I'm glad he's history.  He added nothing here.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 17, 2011, 08:55:14 PM

No. Yi nicknames do not sound like WWF (fuck the WWE) artistnames.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on December 18, 2011, 01:53:19 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 17, 2011, 08:55:14 PM

No. Yi nicknames do not sound like WWF (fuck the WWE) artistnames.

They often only make sense to him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

stjaba

Ron Paul has the lead in the latest two Iowa polls:

Paul 23, Romney 20, Gingrich 14, Perry 10, Bachmann 10, Santorum 10, Huntsman 4

Paul 24, Romney 18, Gingrich 13, Perry 16, Bachmann 10, Santorum 3, Huntsman 4

I wonder if Paul is going to get negative attacks? I wonder if Romney is going to bother attacking Ron Paul- if Paul's numbers drop, the likely beneficiary would probably be Perry or Gingrich. It's probably in Romney's best interest to let Ron Paul win and shot for second. In any event, as long as Romney gets third or better, he probably will pass the expectations test, which is the big reason why Iowa and NH are important.

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 17, 2011, 04:56:23 PM
Not that much more garbled than an average post from Hillary.  :P
:D

Ya, i've gotten worse lately. i'm betting on a brain tumor.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.