Who will be the Republican Nominee for President (post Cain)

Started by Viking, December 03, 2011, 08:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: dps on December 16, 2011, 07:18:05 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 16, 2011, 09:19:12 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 16, 2011, 07:26:50 AM
I admit, I have a soft spot for Gingrich.  Yeah, he's an arrogant prick, but he's an intelligent arrogant prick.  He's more an idea man, a wonk.  While I disagree with much of what he says, and he has a tendency toward low blows and cheap tricks I still respect his intellect.  His biggest weakness is that he's an asshole.  And everyone who knows him thinks that, so it's hard for him to build consensus and the like.  I am reminded of the statement about FDR: That he had "a second-rate intellect but a first-rate temperament".  This made him an excellent president.  Gingrich is the opposite.

So, you're saying he's Al Gore with a mean streak.

No, he's more like what Al Gore would be if Gore was actually as smart as he thinks he is.

That said, I don't think Gingrich really has a first-rate intellect--I don't think that any current or recent major American political figure has.  Gingrich has a second-rate intellect, but about a fourth-rate temperment.  Gore has about a third-rate temperment and a fourth-rate intellect--which still makes him smarter than most political figures.
OK, Brainiac 5.

(People who get this joke: me, Neil, maybe Buddha.)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I got it. :)

Hey, Has anyone seen Siege for awhile?  I haven't seen him since Seedy temp banned him a little while ago.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Jesus, Seedy really likes to drive away the cream of the crop, doesn't he?  First bmolsson, now Siege.  :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on December 17, 2011, 12:31:35 AM
Jesus, Seedy really likes to drive away the cream of the crop, doesn't he?  First bmolsson, now Siege.  :(

Oh, please.  He was unbanned before he even finished sleeping off his drunk.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on December 17, 2011, 12:31:35 AM

AND FUCK YOU ABOUT THAT BMOLSSON SHOT I SAW THAT

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 17, 2011, 12:34:00 AM

AND FUCK YOU ABOUT THAT BMOLSSON SHOT I SAW THAT

Don't walk away from your greatest triumph.  I'd have given you the grumbler point for that if I hadn't already awarded it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

It's possible that Bmol posted some of the most incisive and intelligent comments on this board made by anyone here.  Unfortunately nobody could make heads or tails of what the hell he was saying.  It was like when you used Babelfish to translated something From English to French to German to Russian to Spanish and finally English again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on December 17, 2011, 02:04:26 PM
It's possible that Bmol posted some of the most incisive and intelligent comments on this board made by anyone here.  Unfortunately nobody could make heads or tails of what the hell he was saying.  It was like when you used Babelfish to translated something From English to French to German to Russian to Spanish and finally English again.

Bmo made some good posts. Some of them were garbled if you chose to read them uncharitably, but almost everything he posted made sense.

Admiral Yi

Not that much more garbled than an average post from Hillary.  :P

The problem was that Stitch was miserable at expressing irony.

Ideologue

Do I have a fun nickname?  I'm sure I do, but I forget.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on December 17, 2011, 02:04:26 PM
It's possible that Bmol posted some of the most incisive and intelligent comments on this board made by anyone here

He did, actually.
and the horse you rode in on

fhdz

Quote from: Ideologue on December 17, 2011, 06:54:56 PM
Do I have a fun nickname?  I'm sure I do, but I forget.

I know mine was "Apostate Boy", but it seems like we're pretty past that now.
and the horse you rode in on