If You Could Redo Your Life, What Age Would You Start?

Started by Admiral Yi, December 01, 2011, 06:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I assumed you could keep your wisdom in formulating the question, so why not memories too.

Otherwise, what's the fun of starting over at 13 if you're still a 13 year old nebbish?

MadImmortalMan

I also wouldn't have loaned my parents any money.   :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 01, 2011, 07:07:19 PM
I assumed you could keep your wisdom in formulating the question, so why not memories too.

Otherwise, what's the fun of starting over at 13 if you're still a 13 year old nebbish?

Well, what's the point of being 5 again if you can't think eating an avocado turns you into an avocado with super powers?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 01, 2011, 07:01:12 PM
I was 18. She was 19. And evil.

It all turned out good for me in the end though.

I thought you were older then that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 01, 2011, 07:13:51 PM
Well, what's the point of being 5 again if you can't think eating an avocado turns you into an avocado with super powers?  :hmm:

:D Beats me Calvin.

The Brain

You were retarded as a child?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

I was retarded enough as an adult to watch Tim's Axe Cop links.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 01, 2011, 07:26:05 PM
I was retarded enough as an adult to watch Tim's Axe Cop links.  :P

I am a better person than you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on December 01, 2011, 07:23:26 PM

You were retarded as a child?

I was.  Still am.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Iormlund

Razgovory

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on December 01, 2011, 07:00:23 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 01, 2011, 06:30:21 PM
Earlier the better, I suppose.

I'd be richer than God by the end of it anyway.  I'd probably be in Congress by now, if I could even be bothered to care, as I would have the mind of an old man by this time.

Question: would I have the same plasticity of mind as a child, were I to go back to my childhood?  That is, would I have an easier time learning foreign languages, etc.?  Or would I have, physically, the brain of my 29 year-old self?  The latter seems somewhat unavoidable (as well as, for the most part, desirable; I didn't go back just to fuck-up like I did the first time).  If so, could I prove I was from the future with neuroimaging techniques?

I think one thinks too highly of himself. :whistle:

Not really.  My future knowledge would make me enormously wealthy.  Also, I speak to the American people.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 01, 2011, 07:01:12 PM
I was 18. She was 19. And evil.

It all turned out good for me in the end though.

I thought you were my age or a bit younger.  Am I thinking of HMBob?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 01, 2011, 08:05:26 PM
Not really.  My future knowledge would make me enormously wealthy.  Also, I speak to the American people.

Where are you getting the capital to invest?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: garbon on December 01, 2011, 08:17:49 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 01, 2011, 08:05:26 PM

Where are you getting the capital to invest?

It only takes a little to start. Scrape together fifty bucks for a way out of the money call on something you know is about to explode and you're off and running.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers