And we're back!

Main Menu

David Frum on the GOP

Started by Jacob, November 27, 2011, 11:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on November 29, 2011, 10:46:23 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 28, 2011, 06:23:45 PM
None of you assfucks gave a royal rat shit about the deficit in 2008. Not a single GOPtard opened his fucking mouth back then.  None of you.

Ergo, all this deficit bullshit is exactly that: bullshit.  And racism.

I did.

But then, I am not a GOPTard.

More GOP fun times:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-november-28-2011/much-ado-about-stuffing

"When did Fox News become the 700 Club?"

The right really has fucking jumped the shark.

Damn.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on November 29, 2011, 03:18:51 PM
That doesn't answer my question.  I prefer to focus on fucking pattern recognition.  They've done the same thing twice over the last 30 years.  Why expect them to do anything different?  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.  Fool me three times...

It's deja vu all over again.  I say David Frum is too cavalier about deficits.  You change the subject to the Bush deficits.  When I point out that you changed the subject you accuse me of not answering the question.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that Bush and the Republican Party are collectively the Antichrist of deficits.  Now, if you'd like to discuss the deficit and what to do about it, let's.  Otherwise, please don't pretend that you're rebutting me when you change the subject.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 29, 2011, 03:34:11 PM
Now, if you'd like to discuss the deficit and what to do about it, let's.

Cut spending and raise taxes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Razgovory on November 29, 2011, 03:18:51 PM
That doesn't answer my question.  I prefer to focus on fucking pattern recognition.  They've done the same thing twice over the last 30 years.  Why expect them to do anything different?  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.  Fool me three times...

It's deja vu all over again.  I say David Frum is too cavalier about deficits.  You change the subject to the Bush deficits.  When I point out that you changed the subject you accuse me of not answering the question.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that Bush and the Republican Party are collectively the Antichrist of deficits.  Now, if you'd like to discuss the deficit and what to do about it, let's.  Otherwise, please don't pretend that you're rebutting me when you change the subject.

Thing is, we aren't really talking about deficits per se.  We are talking about the GOP's position on deficits.  This thread was not about cutting deficits.  It was about what David Frum thought of the the GOP.  So me pointing out Bush is not changing the subject.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Fate

Quote from: Valmy on November 29, 2011, 04:05:35 PM

Why do you want to hurt job growth? We can raise revenues without raising taxes.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 29, 2011, 04:24:04 PM
:shakeshead:

What's the name of this thread?  Is it "David Frum on the GOP", or "David Frum on Deficits"?

Razgovory

Razgovory

Anyway, nobody is really serious about deficits.  There's not many votes there.  The party out of power bitches about spending not because it's opposed to spending on principle but because it's spending on things that party doesn't like.  Sure there are a few oddballs who real budget hawks, but they dwarfed by those really aren't. Reducing deficits is not a  policy, it's a political maneuver.  I know Yi is a genuine deficit hawk, and is amped now that his political party is talking about deficits.  In fact he wants to talk about deficits in this thread, which isn't really what the OP was about.  He's only going to let himself down.

Scipio

I'm serious about deficits.  I'm serious about deficit spending.  Since one counter-example disproves your universal assertion, Raz, you are wrong.

Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are serious about deficits.  Justin Amash is serious about the deficit.

BTW, Frum is a Bushite/McCainiac.  He's about as fake GOP as it comes.  AuH2O 4ever!
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

The Minsky Moment

In what universe are Bush and McCain fake GOPers and Ron Paul the genuine article?

Ron Paul was in the Libertarian Party and only joined the GOP to get more traction for his presidential runs.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: Scipio on November 29, 2011, 04:57:30 PM
I'm serious about deficits.  I'm serious about deficit spending.  Since one counter-example disproves your universal assertion, Raz, you are wrong.

Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are serious about deficits.  Justin Amash is serious about the deficit.

BTW, Frum is a Bushite/McCainiac.  He's about as fake GOP as it comes.  AuH2O 4ever!

QuoteAnyway, nobody is really serious about deficits.  There's not many votes there.  The party out of power bitches about spending not because it's opposed to spending on principle but because it's spending on things that party doesn't like.  Sure there are a few oddballs who real budget hawks, but they dwarfed by those really aren't. Reducing deficits is not a  policy, it's a political maneuver.  I know Yi is a genuine deficit hawk, and is amped now that his political party is talking about deficits.  In fact he wants to talk about deficits in this thread, which isn't really what the OP was about.  He's only going to let himself down.

Bolded in case you couldn't read.

Ron Paul thinks the CIA launched a coup and now runs the government.  And Gary Johnson's state brings in more federal dollar per captia then any other state in the Union.

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on November 29, 2011, 04:05:35 PM

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)