And we're back!

Main Menu

Step Aside Barack

Started by garbon, November 23, 2011, 10:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I always do.  But seriously, you'd be surprised how many regulations are passed to favor one business in one district or state.  A great many regulations are proposed by lobbyists to benefit their business often to the detriment of their competitors.

I remember reading something about it a long time ago.  I don't even know what the article was called.  I don't know if this is the same article: http://www.thefreemanonline.org/columns/businessndashgovernment-collusion/   The one I remember talked about peanut farmers. But does give a good idea from a free market perspective.  Well the situation 16 years ago at least.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

I like Biden and his foul mouth. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

He'll ensure the crucial EC points from Delaware.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Siege

Quote from: Caliga on November 23, 2011, 08:17:25 PM
I like Biden and his foul mouth. :(

He is a lier.
He claimed rapes went up, when they actually went down.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Berkut

Quote from: Neil on November 23, 2011, 08:08:46 PM
Even if Obama stepped aside, who amongst the Democrats has the strength and leadership to take over the presidential run?

Clinton.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Siege

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on November 25, 2011, 12:20:30 AM
Even if Obama stepped aside, who amongst the Democrats has the strength and leadership to take over the presidential run?
Clinton.
Bill is constitutionally prohibited, Hillary is a woman, Chelsea is too young and a woman, white George doesn't have the pull to lead the party and black George is more interested in leading Parliament.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Whoa, nobody got my obscure referrence.

Eddie Teach

Maybe someone did and is too embarrassed to admit it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Neil on November 25, 2011, 08:58:10 AM
Quote from: Berkut on November 25, 2011, 12:20:30 AM
Clinton.
Bill is constitutionally prohibited, Hillary is a woman, Chelsea is too young and a woman, white George doesn't have the pull to lead the party and black George is more interested in leading Parliament.

Roger?

:D

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil