katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

God damn it, I lose again, 7-4. I'm on the verge of missing the playoffs :(

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2011, 08:28:35 AM

I think the current top 8 are all but a lock.  After this week only the Wetbacks and the Danes could still move into one of the 6-8 slots.  To do that, one of them would need to win both their remaining games, one of you, the Jailbirdz, and the Rapistburgers needs to lose both your remaining games, and the one of them needs to win the tiebreaker.

Neil

You made it close, which is more than I can say in most of my seven straight wins.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on November 21, 2011, 08:41:12 AM
You made it close, which is more than I can say in most of my seven straight wins.

I would have won if only I had trusted Joe Mcknight instead of picking a RB that plays with Tim Tebow.

:bleeding:

Neil

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 21, 2011, 08:37:19 AM
I think the current top 8 are all but a lock.  After this week only the Wetbacks and the Danes could still move into one of the 6-8 slots.  To do that, one of them would need to win both their remaining games, one of you, the Jailbirdz, and the Rapistburgers needs to lose both your remaining games, and the one of them needs to win the tiebreaker.
In terms of points scored, I think only the Rapistburgers can get caught.  Cincy has a 100-point cushion on the tiebreaker, and only two games left to make that up.  And the Danes are done with Vick out.  And the Rapists have a very easy last two games.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2011, 08:46:37 AM
I would have won if only I had trusted Joe Mcknight instead of picking a RB that plays with Tim Tebow.

No, you would still have lost by 3.  You would have won if you had played the Detroit TE rather than the guy who dropped all those passes in New York.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Neil on November 21, 2011, 08:53:38 AM
In terms of points scored, I think only the Rapistburgers can get caught.  Cincy has a 100-point cushion on the tiebreaker, and only two games left to make that up.  And the Danes are done with Vick out.  And the Rapists have a very easy last two games.

The Wetbacks have a pretty soft remaining schedule, too.  There is certainly upset potential there.  As for GF, as long as he fields a team for the next two weeks he's in the playoffs.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on November 21, 2011, 08:55:39 AM

No, you would still have lost by 3.  You would have won if you had played the Detroit TE rather than the guy who dropped all those passes in New York.

:lol: That too.

Damn, I had really bad choices.

Neil

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 21, 2011, 08:58:36 AM
Quote from: Neil on November 21, 2011, 08:53:38 AM
The Wetbacks have a pretty soft remaining schedule, too.  There is certainly upset potential there.  As for GF, as long as he fields a team for the next two weeks he's in the playoffs.
For sure, but all the Rapists have to do is win one game against the worst team in the league or against the Vick-less Danes.  I think we can lock this up right now.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2011, 09:02:58 AM
Quote from: Neil on November 21, 2011, 08:55:39 AM

:lol: That too.

Damn, I had really bad choices.
Only in retrospect.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 21, 2011, 05:41:12 AM
Quote from: katmai on November 21, 2011, 12:37:29 AM
Looking forward to Niners vs Ravens.

I'm not.

I am.  Should be a good old fashioned bareknuckled defensive brawl.  The first ever Harbaugh Bowl may disappoint casual NFL fans who are dazzled by high-scoring games.  Plus the Ravens might lose and marginally help the Bengals' long shot at winning the division.

edit: Now if the Ravens win, I hope they plow through their following 4 opponents & clinch home-field throughout, so that they won't have anything to play for in Week 17  ;)

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 20, 2011, 04:22:20 PM
Whew.

And Dalton? The kid is a fucking JDAM.

His GPS got screwed up on 3 plays, but yeah he threaded the needle at other times.  Hopefully he'll learn to read coverage better next year & his INTs will go down.  Bengals receivers did a good job yesterday, but AJ Green might've been a decisive difference had he played.

Ravens D-line showed up the Bengals pass-blocking yesterday in a big way at the end of the game.  They can block fine when Dalton does his usual 3-step drop because those are usually quick-release plays.  But in situations where he has to do a 5-step drop, they're pretty awful.  I don't care whose defense it is, if they only send 3 men from a 4-man defensive front, there's no excuse for allowing a sack.

And the NFL rule that negated the Gresham TD sucks balls.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall