News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 11 - Hail Tebow!

Started by jimmy olsen, November 18, 2011, 12:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 18, 2011, 07:12:09 PM
IIRC Elway was taken #1 overall by the Patriots, and he refused to sign because they sucked so fiercely.

Which is not to deny that Denver sucked at the time, they probably did, but it is kind of ironic.

Wrong on both counts.  Elway was the #1 overall pick of the Colts (who did suck massively at the time) and was resistant to signing with them--he and his agent had told them not to pick him, because he wouldn't sign with them.  The Colts' GM (I forget who it was at the time, might have been Jim Irsay, but IIRC it wasn't) and the coach, Frank Kush, thought that they had just about pursuaded Elway to sign, but Bob Irsay, the owner at the time (and Jim's dad) stepped in and traded the right to Elway to Denver.  The Broncos weren't a terrible team--at worst they were mediocre--but they needed a quarterback.

As for Tebow, I tend to agree with Minsky in that he can't perform at an acceptable level as a QB in a standard NFL-type offense at this point.  I'm not sure if he can get to that level with more experience or not.  To be honest, though, I'd kind of like to see Tebow and the Broncos succeed with a non-standard type offense, not because I'm a fan of Tebow or the Broncos, but just to see if it could be done.  I've always thought that it could be, if a team had the QB to do it and committed to it.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on November 18, 2011, 05:12:16 PM
AJ Green is out (officially "Doubtful") for Sunday, but then so is Ray Lewis.  And I believe Pacman Jones will play, but only as a corner on certain packages & not returning punts :mellow:

How's Green done this season?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 18, 2011, 07:12:09 PM
IIRC Elway was taken #1 overall by the Patriots, and he refused to sign because they sucked so fiercely.

You're lucky I didn't see this when it was posted.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2011, 09:09:05 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 18, 2011, 06:57:46 AM
No kidding.  I mean, here's a clean cut all-American kid, doing nothing but talking about his faith and the concept of team.  What does he do after winning the Heisman and the National Championship? He's not hanging around sexually assaulting chicks, carrying guns into nightclubs but goes to Africa for months of missionary work, shooing flies off eyelids and shit.

The vast majority of players in the league are not about sexually assaulting chicks and taking guns to night clubs.  As for going to Africa for months for missionary work to convert people to his wacky religion...Colt McCoy did that shit to and I don't see your SEC bandwagon ass getting all excited about him.

Two words: Colt. McCoy.
The Texas Longhorns are an NCAA abomination on so many levels.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on November 18, 2011, 08:54:44 PM
Wrong on both counts.  Elway was the #1 overall pick of the Colts (who did suck massively at the time) and was resistant to signing with them--he and his agent had told them not to pick him, because he wouldn't sign with them.  The Colts' GM (I forget who it was at the time, might have been Jim Irsay, but IIRC it wasn't) and the coach, Frank Kush, thought that they had just about pursuaded Elway to sign, but Bob Irsay, the owner at the time (and Jim's dad) stepped in and traded the right to Elway to Denver.  The Broncos weren't a terrible team--at worst they were mediocre--but they needed a quarterback.

If he had signed with Baltimore, he'd have put asses in seats and won games, and the Colts would still be here.  I blame him personally, and he will find himself in the first circle of Hell, along with Irsay and Tagliabue.

As for Tebow, I tend to agree with Minsky in that he can't perform at an acceptable level as a QB in a standard NFL-type offense at this point.  I'm not sure if he can get to that level with more experience or not.  To be honest, though, I'd kind of like to see Tebow and the Broncos succeed with a non-standard type offense, not because I'm a fan of Tebow or the Broncos, but just to see if it could be done.  I've always thought that it could be, if a team had the QB to do it and committed to it.

Minksy's a Jew, and thus hates demonstrative Christians.  It deeply affects his allegiance to the Jets, which is dictated by Mosaic law for all New York Jews to root for.  It's in Deuteronomy somewhere, near the part about cud-chewing animals.

MadBurgerMaker

Hey which SEC team are you bandwagoning to this year anyway CDM?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 19, 2011, 06:33:30 PM
Hey which SEC team are you bandwagoning to this year anyway CDM?

All of them.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 19, 2011, 09:37:02 PM
All of them.

Just needs another tiny set of SECSECSEC flags and there you go.

CountDeMoney

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 19, 2011, 09:44:56 PM
Longhorn fans are such faggits.

That's not a Longhorn fan buying a Longhorn flag specifically to hang it upside down, bandwagon loser.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 19, 2011, 09:46:16 PM

That's not a Longhorn fan buying a Longhorn flag specifically to hang it upside down, bandwagon loser.

Longhorns in distress?  Not since Colt graduated.

You're still a fag. :hookemmahballz:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 19, 2011, 09:48:38 PM

:zzz

Go out and buy more tiny little SEC flags for your tailgate outside of Byrd. 

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 19, 2011, 09:48:38 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 19, 2011, 09:46:16 PM

Sure you're not thinking of Aggies?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 19, 2011, 10:19:43 PM
Sure you're not thinking of Aggies?

:dipmaballzinagrodejar:

Edit:  That's gross.  :lol: :x

CountDeMoney

Ray Lewis out.  57 consecutive starts.
And with the quick turnaround for Thanksgiving, he'll probably be out against the Niners as well.