News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Marlborough Best Place To Raise Kids In Mass.

Started by garbon, November 15, 2011, 10:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2010/12/16/report-marlborough-best-place-to-raise-kids-in-mass/

QuoteThe most family-friendly and affordable place to raise your children in Massachusetts is Marlborough, according to a new report.

Bloomberg Businessweek.com evaluated "5,418 locations nationwide" and listed its choice for the top community in each state.

Attleboro was the runner-up.

Here was their criteria, using real estate data:

"The rankings put the most weight on school performance and the number of schools, crime statistics, and cost of living. Other factors included job growth, air quality, ethnic diversity, and access to recreational amenities (within the county), such as parks, zoos, theaters, and museums."

Here is what they found:

"The following places we selected are neither rich suburbs nor havens for luxury living—so don't expect to find mansions and elite country clubs (although some areas will have them). Rather, these are communities inhabited mostly by middle-income earners that have good public schools, low crime, and resources to keep the family entertained on weekends."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

In other news - "Marlborough named 'most boring place on earth'"  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Nah, kids who are too bored get into all sorts of trouble.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

I would never live in a town named after a cigarette brand.

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on November 15, 2011, 10:14:02 AM
In other news - "Marlborough named 'most boring place on earth'"  :P

I should have added that this selection was rather shocking to me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on November 15, 2011, 10:25:03 AM
I would never live in a town named after a cigarette brand.
I think you need to learn spelling. :hug:

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

It really was for Cal. :blush:

Anyway all you need to know is that it is where I grew up and I've long said that my high schools is what kept me from getting into Harvard. :D

Malthus

QuoteMarlborough Best Place To Raise Kids

Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2011, 11:55:36 AM
Anyway all you need to know is that it is where I grew up

Point taken. 

;)

KRonn

It's been a while since I've been to Marlborough. But I guess I can believe it; a quiet type town.  I think one of my cousins and his family lives there, but haven't seen them for a few years.

Caliga

Marlborough is anything but quiet.  VIVA BRASIL!!! :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on November 15, 2011, 03:49:05 PM
Marlborough is anything but quiet.  VIVA BRASIL!!! :bleeding:

One factor was ethnic diversity.  :secret:

HVC

Good, i guess. not to long ago that used to be considered a mark against, not for :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.