News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Marlborough Best Place To Raise Kids In Mass.

Started by garbon, November 15, 2011, 10:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2011, 10:31:03 AM
Quote from: DGuller on November 15, 2011, 10:25:03 AM
I would never live in a town named after a cigarette brand.
I think you need to learn spelling. :hug:

I think people in Marlboro(ugh) need to learn spelling.  I drove my roommate's mother's car through there, and noticed some definite confusion in the signage...   :hmm:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: DGuller on November 15, 2011, 10:25:03 AM
I would never live in a town named after a cigarette brand.

Agreed.  I'd only live in one named after two!

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 15, 2011, 04:17:19 PM
I think people in Marlboro(ugh) need to learn spelling.  I drove my roommate's mother's car through there, and noticed some definite confusion in the signage...   :hmm:

No confusion. The post office considers both version to be legitimate. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2011, 04:55:28 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 15, 2011, 04:17:19 PM
I think people in Marlboro(ugh) need to learn spelling.  I drove my roommate's mother's car through there, and noticed some definite confusion in the signage...   :hmm:

No confusion. The post office considers both version to be legitimate. :)

So what's going to happen when they privatize the mail?   :hmm:  Do you think Altria/Philip Morris will be able make a bid for the official spelling?

Caliga

Yeah, the town definitely isn't sure how to spell its own name.  Strange, I know.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on November 15, 2011, 07:10:21 PM
Yeah, the town definitely isn't sure how to spell its own name.  Strange, I know.

The use of both is an editorial comment.

Welcome to Marlboro. Ugh. 

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Anyway, the reality is that the best towns to raise kids in Mass. are, have been for quite some time, and will be for the forseeable future, one of the following:  Concord, Dover, Natick, Needham, Sherborn, Sudbury, Wellesley, Weston, Wayland.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Caliga on November 16, 2011, 07:44:31 PM
Anyway, the reality is that the best towns to raise kids in Mass. are, have been for quite some time, and will be for the forseeable future, one of the following:  Concord, Dover, Natick, Needham, Sherborn, Sudbury, Wellesley, Weston, Wayland.

Newton?  Never been there but it seems like a lot of overachieving Jews are nurtured there.

Caliga

Forgot about Newton.  Yep, should be on the list.

Caliga

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!