And we're back!

Main Menu

Zynga CEO wants workers to give back stock

Started by garbon, November 10, 2011, 03:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2011, 07:16:50 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 10, 2011, 05:43:36 PM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on November 10, 2011, 05:34:18 PM
Does "constructive dismissal" exist in the US?

Sure.

What's that?

The employer has created such a hostile work environment that the employee has to quit. I'm sure lawfaggits can recite the legal jaw-jaw.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2011, 04:18:09 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 10, 2011, 04:13:51 PM
Do you have a problem with cutting salaries for union members or pensions of government employees?

I have problems with cutting pensions of retired government employees.  I have very little problem with cutting salaries or future pensions of anyone, as long as it's not a breach of contract.

These employees are not retired, unless I misunderstood the article.  :huh:

fhdz

:lol:

On the OP...this isn't the first douchey thing the Zynga guy has done, IIRC...didn't he steal a bunch of game ideas early on or some such?
and the horse you rode in on

Camerus

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 10, 2011, 07:19:46 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2011, 07:16:50 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 10, 2011, 05:43:36 PM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on November 10, 2011, 05:34:18 PM
Does "constructive dismissal" exist in the US?

Sure.

What's that?

The employer has created such a hostile work environment that the employee has to quit. I'm sure lawfaggits can recite the legal jaw-jaw.

In Canada at least, constructive dismissal can also include reductions in pay or changes in job duties.

Martinus

I don't see anything wrong in pay reduction, if it is not discriminatory. When the crisis hit, we all accepted a 10% pay cut (excepting people earning below 5000 zloty).

Also, many banks clawed back some of the bonuses given already (or promised) to bankers (which is more akin to the situation described in the article).

So I really don't see the big deal, especially as these seem to be highly paid professionals.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 10, 2011, 07:19:46 PM

:yes: Personally sat in at a NJ Supreme Court case that dealt specifically with this (the issue was whether a court could award forward pay as well as back pay in such a case).
Experience bij!

Strix

Quote from: Razgovory on November 10, 2011, 04:07:14 PM
If they pay the workers less, don't you get whatever product they sell for cheaper?  It's it good for you, the consumer?

If that's the case. Most times the company keeps the product at the same cost.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Razgovory

Quote from: Strix on November 11, 2011, 02:31:49 PM
If they pay the workers less, don't you get whatever product they sell for cheaper?  It's it good for you, the consumer?

Then I suppose they can expand and create more jobs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Strix

Quote from: Razgovory on November 11, 2011, 02:33:39 PM
Quote from: Strix on November 11, 2011, 02:31:49 PM

Then I suppose they can expand and create more jobs.

Usually they just want to keep profit at the same level. The employee "sacrifices" while the owner maintains.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher