News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Penn State Goings-On

Started by jimmy olsen, November 06, 2011, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: merithyn on November 10, 2011, 05:55:50 PM

Sandusky, on the other hand, should be anally raped daily for the rest of his life. Period.

Why?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadBurgerMaker

SAPD getting in on it:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20111110_Penn_State_child-sex_probe_widens_to_Texas.html

QuotePolice in San Antonio, Texas are investigating allegations that Jerry Sandusky molested a boy while on a 1998 team trip to the city, a spokesman said.

The probe - based on testimony laid out in last weekend's grand jury presentment - could lead to additional charges for the embattled former Pennsylvania State University assistant football coach.

"We are investigating the possibility that an offense may have happened while here in San Antonio," police department spokesman Officer Matthew Porter said.

According to the grand jury report, Sandusky brought the boy in question - identified as Victim 4 - along with his wife to the 1998 Outback Bowl and 1999 Alamo Bowl.

The child traveled to and from both bowl games with the football team and shared their accommodations, the report said. The teen reportedly told the grand jury that when he resisted Sandusky's advances while on that trip, the coach threatened to send him back to Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania prosecutors allege that Sandusky molested at least eight boys between the mid-1990's and 2009, all of whom he met through The Second Mile a charity he founded in 1997.

He has denied all charges.

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on November 10, 2011, 05:40:43 PM
Page 11 of the Indictment. S. had the run of the campus, as was testified by McQ and others. He was prof. emeritus, had an office and phone in the Lasch building, parking privileges, and the run of the recreational facilities.  It does not say how many times McQ saw him, but the obvious implication is that he saw him all the time. 
My first reading of this was that this was still talking about the status in 1999, as in the previous paragraph.  A re-reading makes it clear that your interpretation (that the situation in the last paragraph refers to post-2002) is probably the correct one.  Grazi.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on November 10, 2011, 04:24:01 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 10, 2011, 04:19:38 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 10, 2011, 04:16:33 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2011, 04:05:30 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 10, 2011, 03:55:31 PM
Are you goddamn retarded? This is without a doubt the worst thing ever said on Languish.

This line of thought is contemptible and I utterly reject it. I've lost all respect for you.

I hope I can find a way to live with it.
Fuck off you piece of shit.
That line of thought is exactly why so many children in the world get abused. Because human filth like you just can't be bothered. It is absolutely unconscionable.

Don't bother responding, you're not worth my time, or anyone else's for that matter.

What. The. Fuck.

If I saw some grown man having anal sex with a ten year old boy in the showers (and a very successful and powerful man at that) I have no idea what I'd do about it the moment it happened.

I know what I'd do eventually (report to police and CFS) but at the very moment?  I hope I'd try and stop it, but I'm not 100% positive I would. :mellow:

CC and friends hope you will now commit suicide. :P

You are just that contemptible.

Really, where did I say that.  You are getting as bad as Grumbles.

stjaba

Quote from: frunk on November 10, 2011, 04:31:12 PM
I think it's worth mentioning the type of culture you tend to have at big universities or big corporations or any big organization for that matter.  When someone reports something is wrong to a higher up it's easy for that higher up to go "we're taking care of it, such and such is being done and it'll all be fine".  Sometimes that's true.  You would think with a serious matter like this "such and such" would get done and the appropriate steps taken.  I think both Paterno and McQueary were sold that line, and if you hear it many times and it usually is taken care of you tend to rely on it.  This is a type of situation that it's uncomfortable to get involved and so it's quite a relief when you hear someone else is dealing with it.  It's unfortunate that McQueary and Paterno didn't pursue the matter further but it isn't nearly as heinous as what was actually done or the cover up by the upper level people which let it continue and let Sandusky get away scott free for so long.

I agree with that completely. Moreover, I'd add that the bureaucracy and culture at Penn State seems to be very insular, which adds to the "don't rock the boat" culture.

For instance, McQueary grew up in State College, played football at Penn State, and worked there for his whole career. Seems like a lot of the other coaches were "lifers" also. Obviously Joe Pa has been there forever. Even the University president had been there for 16 years, which seems like a long tenure for a school president. The AD and other official who resigned had also been at Penn State for a very long time.

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 10, 2011, 03:55:31 PM
Are you goddamn retarded? This is without a doubt the worst thing ever said on Languish.

This line of thought is contemptible and I utterly reject it. I've lost all respect for you.
You simply have no delicacy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

I believe Tim Curley went to Penn State... I'm fairly certain that he and my uncle (who is an alum) met in college.  In fact I think they may have been roommates.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: stjaba on November 10, 2011, 08:36:13 PM
Quote from: frunk on November 10, 2011, 04:31:12 PM
I think it's worth mentioning the type of culture you tend to have at big universities or big corporations or any big organization for that matter.  When someone reports something is wrong to a higher up it's easy for that higher up to go "we're taking care of it, such and such is being done and it'll all be fine".  Sometimes that's true.  You would think with a serious matter like this "such and such" would get done and the appropriate steps taken.  I think both Paterno and McQueary were sold that line, and if you hear it many times and it usually is taken care of you tend to rely on it.  This is a type of situation that it's uncomfortable to get involved and so it's quite a relief when you hear someone else is dealing with it.  It's unfortunate that McQueary and Paterno didn't pursue the matter further but it isn't nearly as heinous as what was actually done or the cover up by the upper level people which let it continue and let Sandusky get away scott free for so long.

I agree with that completely. Moreover, I'd add that the bureaucracy and culture at Penn State seems to be very insular, which adds to the "don't rock the boat" culture.

For instance, McQueary grew up in State College, played football at Penn State, and worked there for his whole career. Seems like a lot of the other coaches were "lifers" also. Obviously Joe Pa has been there forever. Even the University president had been there for 16 years, which seems like a long tenure for a school president. The AD and other official who resigned had also been at Penn State for a very long time.
McQueary grew up good friends with one of Sandusky's kids. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he was molested as a kid as well.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

And now the speculation and goofiness is really running wild.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

stjaba

Mike McQueary won't be at the Nebraska game due to numerous threats against him. Wonder if Joe Paterno (or any of the other higher-ups) has been threatened as well.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/penn_states_mike_mcqueary_wont.html.

Rasputin

Quote from: Caliga on November 10, 2011, 08:59:32 PM
I believe Tim Curley went to Penn State... I'm fairly certain that he and my uncle (who is an alum) met in college.  In fact I think they may have been roommates.

he is an alum and i believe he worked his way up from graduate assistant to atheletic dierctor

i believe he was also a scholarship athlete in some minor sport
Who is John Galt?

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on November 10, 2011, 09:29:10 PM
And now the speculation and goofiness is really running wild.

It will all sort itself out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: stjaba on November 10, 2011, 10:05:25 PM
Mike McQueary won't be at the Nebraska game due to numerous threats against him.

Yeah he needs to hide out for his own protection until this blows over.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on November 11, 2011, 08:47:20 AM
Quote from: stjaba on November 10, 2011, 10:05:25 PM
Mike McQueary won't be at the Nebraska game due to numerous threats against him.

Yeah he needs to hide out for his own protection until this blows over.

More likely they don't want him coaching on TV because of the bad publicity, but can't fire him because he somehow qualifies as a whistleblower. So if they can keep him at home until the end of the season, when the new coaching staff comes in with their own staff he simply won't be renewed and the problem goes away.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

FunkMonk

So this is what it looks like when a major institution implodes? :hmm:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.