American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2013, 11:08:05 PM
Wasn't the shotgun they're talking about some sort of shitty Russian shotgun that doesn't look like a shotgun, but more like a big-bore SKS or something?

I've seen 20 rd drums, but 70?  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

11B4V

I dont see anything that I would raise an eyebrow at in the ammo department. Applied to a normal person that is. He is rather lacking in 5.56mm ammo even including the ones he expended.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

The gun forums are abuzz over the Enfield he had. Gun nerds.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2013, 11:08:05 PM
Wasn't the shotgun they're talking about some sort of shitty Russian shotgun that doesn't look like a shotgun, but more like a big-bore SKS or something?

The Saiga is AK-based and is magazine-fed, but there's nothing close to 70 round magazines for it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2013, 07:56:44 AM
The gun forums are abuzz over the Enfield he had. Gun nerds.  :lol:

Yes, stupid police. It's not .323 caliber.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

CountDeMoney

So Dad's decided he's getting rid of some stuff in a fit of retirement downsizing, so I'm getting:

--another .357 S&W Model 66 with a 2 1/4" barrel, same as the one I already have;  shame I'm not a bail bondsman anymore, I'd roll with a dual shoulder holster config.
--his .357 S&W Model 640;  damned shrouded hammers.  Nice little backup piece, though.
--and my personal heirloom, his Colt Cobra .38 Special from his days in the BPD.  Fucker's older than I am, and in better shape. 

He's keeping his Glock 27 for home defense, as it's the only one whose trigger is still light enough for my poor mother to use if necessary.   :lol:
I wouldn't want it anyway.  Stupid Glocks.

derspiess

1970s cop shows called-- they want their guns back <snicker>

Anyway it must be nice to inherit something you actually like.  I caught a ton of shit when I mentioned I might sell that useless to me yet valuable .410 skeet gun I inherited from my grandmother.  And from my dad I'll have a crappy .30-30 lever action rifle, a cheap old 20 gauge bolt action shotgun, and a .270 deer rifle.

My uncle has a ton of cool stuff that will go to his two sons, neither of which would appreciate it.

Valmy

Will any of those guns shoot through the door?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2013, 09:26:33 AM
1970s cop shows called-- they want their guns back <snicker>

:blurgh:

What can I say, it's in my DNA.
And that Colt Cobra is old school, the ejector rod isn't even shrouded.  DIETRICH, TAKE HARRIS WITH YOU