American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Well then, now that's out of the way the economy should be fixed in three months then.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2013, 07:08:19 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2013, 06:55:09 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2013, 06:49:41 PM
Yes, how foolish of him to try to pass laws the majority of Americans want. :rolleyes:

...yet are rather unenthusiastic in supporting.  People want the economy fixed.  Only 4% think gun legislation should be the top priority.  In fact it's way down on the list.

What an interesting way to to spin it. :lol:

Okay, Raz.  Anyway, it'll explain the lack of popular outrage over the amendment's failure.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2013, 07:24:31 PM
Well then, now that's out of the way the economy should be fixed in three months then.

Yep.  With all them Democrats in the Senate it's a sure thing.  Hopefully we'll get more wonderful legislation like Frank-Dodd :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2013, 07:24:59 PM
Yes, how foolish of him to try to pass laws the majority of Americans want. :rolleyes:

...yet are rather unenthusiastic in supporting.  People want the economy fixed.  Only 4% think gun legislation should be the top priority.  In fact it's way down on the list.

Okay, Raz.  Anyway, it'll explain the lack of popular outrage over the amendment's failure.

Define popular outrage.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2013, 07:26:09 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2013, 07:24:31 PM

Yep.  With all them Democrats in the Senate it's a sure thing.  Hopefully we'll get more wonderful legislation like Frank-Dodd :lol:

You guys still going with blaming barney Frank for everything?

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2013, 07:45:49 PM
Define popular outrage.

No.

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2013, 07:46:18 PM
You guys still going with blaming barney Frank for everything?

He put his name on the bill.  Dodd gets half the blame, of course.

Razgovory

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2013, 08:21:20 PM
C'mon, grows some fucking balls here.

Go back to stalking Fahdiz.  But leave the broomstick at home, mmkay?

derspiess

Forgot to list my source: http://www.gallup.com/poll/161813/few-guns-immigration-nation-top-problems.aspx

CountDeMoney

Anyway, it'll explain the lack of popular outrage over the amendment's failure.

There are more people interested in sensible gun control than immigration reform.

The GOP picked the wrong watered-down and marginally effective initiative to shit on.  They could've won real points with this one, and still maintain their credentials.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2013, 09:39:35 PM
Forgot to list my source: http://www.gallup.com/poll/161813/few-guns-immigration-nation-top-problems.aspx

LOL, guns are at 4%, and taxes are listed at 2%.   So why do the Republicans fight so hard with tooth and nail for something only 2% of Americans see as important?

Oh, wait...that 2% includes the 1%.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2013, 08:40:08 PM

Fucker is coming after me.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2013, 09:39:35 PM

Yeah, okay.  So next time anyone brings up something up anything that isn't the economy it's not worth paying attention to because it's not "economy in general".  I'll make sure to bring that up sometime.

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2013, 09:45:31 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2013, 08:40:08 PM

Fucker is coming after me.

No, he asked a question based on your original post. Which was a dig against the GOP.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2013, 09:40:05 PM
Anyway, it'll explain the lack of popular outrage over the amendment's failure.

There are more people interested in sensible gun control than immigration reform.

The GOP picked the wrong watered-down and marginally effective initiative to shit on.  They could've won real points with this one, and still maintain their credentials.

So you think this will hurt then in 2014?