American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 20, 2017, 02:51:15 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 20, 2017, 08:38:44 AM
I cannot believe the cop just shot him without even bothering to find out if the shotgun was even loaded.

Already had one of those "he didn't have to shoot him like that" conversations.  It was a very short conversation.
:unsure:  :ph34r:

dps

Quote from: Berkut on October 20, 2017, 08:38:44 AM
I cannot believe the cop just shot him without even bothering to find out if the shotgun was even loaded.

The cop should have taken the shotgun, and then shot the robber with it.  That way, if it wasn't loaded, no harm done.

11B4V

Bought a rifle today. Ruger #1 in .405 Winchester. Comes with 5 boxes of ammo and loading dies.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

I am sure Wells Fargo appreciates your work on behalf of their stagecoaches.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2017, 07:18:52 PM

:D

'Bout 20 years ago I owned a blued Ruger #1 in 45-70. The old Springfield Trapdoor rifles only allow loading to 24k psi. The Ruger #1 action allowed loading up to 55k psi. A 350 grain bullet at 1400 ft per second compared to 2200 ft per second respectively is like night and day. The recoil will shake your dental work loose  :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

ok, stupid question - what is a loading die?

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on November 13, 2017, 07:35:43 PM

'Bout 20 years ago I owned a blued Ruger #1 in 45-70. The old Springfield Trapdoor rifles only allow loading to 24k psi. The Ruger #1 action allowed loading up to 55k psi. A 350 grain bullet at 1400 ft per second compared to 2200 ft per second respectively is like night and day. The recoil will shake your dental work loose  :P

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 14, 2017, 04:46:33 PM

Reloading dies are used for reloading ammunition. Bottleneck cases (i.e. 30-06) are normally 2 die sets, a sizer for the fired case and a bullet seating die to seat the bullet.

Rifle straight walled cases, (405 Winchester, 45-70, etc) and pistol cases come with 3 dies. The two above and a third that bells the case mouth.

https://www.midwayusa.com/reloading-dies/br?cid=702

Hope that helps.

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on November 14, 2017, 04:52:10 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 13, 2017, 07:35:43 PM

Ha, not that bad, but it will let you know it's there.

crazy canuck

Quote from: 11B4V on November 14, 2017, 05:13:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 14, 2017, 04:46:33 PM

Reloading dies are used for reloading ammunition. Bottleneck cases (i.e. 30-06) are normally 2 die sets, a sizer for the fired case and a bullet seating die to seat the bullet.

Rifle straight walled cases, (405 Winchester, 45-70, etc) and pistol cases come with 3 dies. The two above and a third that bells the case mouth.

https://www.midwayusa.com/reloading-dies/br?cid=702

Hope that helps.

thanks

11B4V

CountDeMoney

Malthus

I admit, it's a beautiful looking weapon, in terms of materials and design.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

He certainly has no problem displaying his basket of pelts right there in the living room.