American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

Quote from: 11B4V on August 27, 2018, 01:41:31 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2018, 09:36:42 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 27, 2018, 09:19:52 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2018, 09:13:57 AM
It is not so fun when the gun clubs start talking about shooting your people instead of mine eh?

:huh:  I haven't heard them talk about shooting "my people".  To the extent that these folks are supporting the second amendment, and arming themselves for defense, I have zero problem with them.

I mean #resist is not directed at criminals Spicey :P

But hey I was mostly joking. Mostly.

They aren't.  :lol:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-15/redneck-revolt-and-the-hard-lefts-call-to-arms/9303758
They're gunning for Trump.  ;)

citizen k

Phoenix, Arizona branch of Redneck Revolt:

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on August 27, 2018, 09:10:04 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 25, 2018, 12:37:30 AM
'Bout time

https://m.facebook.com/LiberalGunClub/

I've seen a few leftwing pro-gun rights groups pop up, seemingly from the #resist thing.

Yeah, like the John Brown gun club - they've been around for a while I believe, but seem to have popped on the radar a bit more recently.

derspiess

ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE JOHN BROWN CLUB??

kidding :P  :hug:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

A city of nearly 5 million and they got 13 people to their meeting...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

One of those guys is armed with a bat...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on August 27, 2018, 10:01:31 PM
One of those guys is armed with a bat...

When you're militant but still kinda anti-gun.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Oexmelin

The BBC Archives posted this a few days ago - the premiere broadcasting of Collector's World featuring the firing of old guns.
The BBC's official advice:

1) Never fire an antique gun without expert advice.
2) Don't mess with this guy.

https://twitter.com/BBCArchive/status/1034412124766908422
Que le grand cric me croque !

derspiess

I shot a couple watermelons and expired cans of beer yesterday.  Smelled like a picnic when I was done.

Malthus

Dunno if I posted this before, but here's a pic I took of a person firing a small mortar

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

About that 3d printed gun advocate business ...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cody-wilson-arrested-3d-printed-gun-company-owner-sex-girl-detained-taiwan-today-2018-09-21/

QuoteCody Wilson, 3D-printed gun company owner accused of sex with girl, is arrested in Taiwan

TAIPEI, Taiwan -- The owner of a Texas company that sells blueprints to make untraceable 3-D printed guns has been arrested in Taiwan, CBS News confirmed. Cody Wilson has been accused of having sex with an underage girl and paying her $500 afterward in Texas.

Taiwan's National Immigration Agency and Criminal Investigation Bureau confirmed to CBS News Friday that Wilson was arrested. The bureau confirmed earlier that Wilson was in Taiwan after arriving on the island earlier this month.

The bureau also said Wilson's passport has been nullified, which means he's staying in Taiwan illegally, CBS News has confirmed.

Taiwan's Central News Agency said the island's immigration department would make arrangements for Wilson to return to the U.S. as soon as possible.

Austin police Cmdr. Troy Officer said Wednesday that before Wilson flew to Taiwan, a friend of the 16-year-old girl had told him that police were investigating the accusation that he had sex with the youth.

In a court filing this week, Wilson was accused of having sex with the girl at an Austin hotel last month. A counselor for the teenager reported the accusation to Austin police a week later, according to the affidavit. Wilson met the girl through the website SugarDaddyMeet.com, where she had created an online profile, according to the document.

The girl, according to the affidavit, said they met in the parking lot of an Austin coffee shop before they drove to the hotel. The girl told investigators that Wilson paid her $500 after they had sex and then dropped her off at a Whataburger restaurant.

Wilson is identified in the affidavit as the owner of Austin-based Defense Distributed. After a federal court barred Wilson from posting the printable gun blueprints online for free last month, he announced he had begun selling them for any amount of money to U.S. customers through his website.

Nineteen states and the District of Columbia sued to stop an agreement that the government reached with Defense Distributed, arguing that the blueprints for how to print plastic guns could be obtained by felons or terrorists.

Law enforcement officials worry the guns are easy to conceal and are untraceable since there's no requirement for the firearms to have serial numbers. Gun industry experts have said the printed guns are a modern method of legally assembling a firearm a home without serial numbers.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2018, 08:04:27 PM
Ban siege weapons!

If you criminalize siege weapons only criminals will have siege weapons.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on September 21, 2018, 02:05:59 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2018, 08:04:27 PM
Ban siege weapons!

If you criminalize siege weapons only criminals will have siege weapons.

And then law abiding citizens could not protect themselves with a viable counter battery weapon.

Eddie Teach

A gun maker having sex with a minor and then dropping her off at Whataburger, it doesn't get more Texas than that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?