American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2015, 10:59:18 AM
CCW purposes.  Like you have any.

I work in downtown Cincy.  Sure, things are hunky dory right now but we're one unarmed teen shooting away from 2001-style riots.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 05, 2015, 11:04:52 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2015, 10:59:18 AM
CCW purposes.  Like you have any.

I work in downtown Cincy. 

Not a reason.

QuoteSure, things are hunky dory right now but we're one unarmed teen shooting away from 2001-style riots.

The 2001 riots?  In which nobody died?  OK.

garbon

And the situation will be improved with more CCW! :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I still like the PPK as CCW weapon. If all else fails, I can beat someone with it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2015, 11:07:30 AM
The 2001 riots?  In which nobody died?  OK.

People were being pulled out of their cars & beaten.  I'd rather that not happen to me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 05, 2015, 11:13:08 AM
People were being pulled out of their cars & beaten.  I'd rather that not happen to me.

You don't really need a gun to reach over and hit the car door lock with it anymore, what with power locks these days.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2015, 11:24:33 AM

You don't really need a gun to reach over and hit the car door lock with it anymore, what with power locks these days.

Car door locks prevent broken windows?  GOT IT.

Besides, that door locking sound is what furthers racial divide in our city.

CountDeMoney

Don't worry, d.  I'm sure you're trying hard enough to put yourself in the position to shoot your first black.  Don't worry.  You'll make the magic happen soon enough.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2015, 12:00:18 PM
Don't worry, d.  I'm sure you're trying hard enough to put yourself in the position to shoot your first black.  Don't worry.  You'll make the magic happen soon enough.

Nah-- if I wanted to do that I'd have become a cop. 

Anyway it'd take some extraordinary circumstances to invoke MAH CCW RAHTS.  Can't imagine carrying on a regular basis.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2015, 11:24:33 AM

If I'm driving a car, and someone seeking to do me harm is on foot, I don't need a gun.  I've got a car.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: dps on February 05, 2015, 02:36:52 PM
If I'm driving a car, and someone seeking to do me harm is on foot, I don't need a gun.  I've got a car.

Sounds like you actually may have a monster truck, if you're able to get away through a crowded street.

derspiess

Picked up the Polish P-64.  Feels heavy for such a tiny pistol.  Also stopped on my way home and bought a Rock Island Arsenal 1911 in GI configuration.  Very impressed with the fit and finish for such a reasonable price.  Now need to stock up on .45 ammo.

Ed Anger

QuotePicked up the Polish P-64.  Feels heavy for such a tiny pistol

Internal parts are part metal, part potato.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus