Quote from: Slargos on October 30, 2011, 05:07:32 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2011, 04:22:11 AM
Quote from: Slargos on October 30, 2011, 04:17:05 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2011, 03:31:31 AM
There will be no "almost" for you, Slargos.  Tick-Tock. :ph34r:
Nor for you, my ill-fated compadre.  :hmm:

As a Catholic, I am destined to live forevermore. :pope:
If burning in hell is what you consider living, then sure.  :bowler:

I would have thought you would be more sympathetic to the Catholic Church, after all, a Nazi is in charge now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2011, 05:12:09 AM
Quote from: Slargos on October 30, 2011, 05:07:32 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2011, 04:22:11 AM
Quote from: Slargos on October 30, 2011, 04:17:05 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2011, 03:31:31 AM
There will be no "almost" for you, Slargos.  Tick-Tock. :ph34r:
Nor for you, my ill-fated compadre.  :hmm:

As a Catholic, I am destined to live forevermore. :pope:
If burning in hell is what you consider living, then sure.  :bowler:

I would have thought you would be more sympathetic to the Catholic Church, after all, a Nazi is in charge now.
If you put a cherry on top of a tall glass of shit, it's still just a tall glass of shit with a cherry on top.

Martinus

Quote from: Siege on October 29, 2011, 09:16:05 PM
I always find funny how people worry so much about extinct species.

I mean, all kind of species are always becoming extint.
I belive you guys call it natural selection or something, and that something like 90% of the species ever existed have become extintc.
So what's the big deal?

The Westerns have a soft spot for saving endangered groups from extinction. See for example: Jews and Holocaust.

Razgovory

Where is CdM?  This thread is total Seedy bait.  Commie Asians eating rare animals.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on October 29, 2011, 09:49:14 PM
Once control over the Earth becomes absolute and our descendants no longer rely upon it, we'll have to deal with the moral problem of nature.  A very good argument can be made for elimination, really, with perhaps only some select species cared for (including humans; and even a program of pet-keeping has some problematic aspects).  Certainly leaving it to its own devices is abhorrent.

What the hell is this ridiculous bullshit!? :blink:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 30, 2011, 12:48:59 PM
Once control over the Earth becomes absolute and our descendants no longer rely upon it, we'll have to deal with the moral problem of nature.  A very good argument can be made for elimination, really, with perhaps only some select species cared for (including humans; and even a program of pet-keeping has some problematic aspects).  Certainly leaving it to its own devices is abhorrent.
It's not as ridiculous as it sounds.  Mankind certainly has the right to destroy any species it likes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 30, 2011, 12:48:59 PM

Do you argue that the utility of nature has a positive value for its constituents?  I'm willing to entertain the notion, but it seems unlikely.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

I belive you guys call it natural selection or something, and that something like 90% of the species ever existed have become extintc.
So what's the big deal?
Animals disappear all the time.
To conjure a non-white example of extremination, ask the nice little austronesians what they did with all the unique animals that inhabited the Melanesia, Micronesia, and Polynesia.

It have been happening all the time.

We have a tendency to think of ourselves as external to nature and feel guilty when we cause the extinction of a species.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

Quote from: garbon on October 30, 2011, 03:58:45 PM

So what's the big deal?
Animals disappear all the time.
To conjure a non-white example of extremination, ask the nice little austronesians what they did with all the unique animals that inhabited the Melanesia, Micronesia, and Polynesia.

It have been happening all the time.

We have a tendency to think of ourselves as external to nature and feel guilty when we cause the extinction of a species.

Don't use the royal "We".
I got no problem massacring all kind of animals as long as there is a reason for it.

Why would it be so bad if in the future the only animals left are domestic animals, useful to people?

The extermination of wild animals is a natural product of human expansion.
Their disappearance will have no direct effect on us, other than opening up land for food production and development.
I don't think we have the moral right to force african nations to keep such large stretches of land as the Serengetti off limits from their own citizenry.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2011, 11:45:27 AM
Where is CdM?  This thread is total Seedy bait.  Commie Asians eating rare animals.

I think this falls solidly in the "peace with honor" category.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

Quote from: Siege on October 30, 2011, 04:51:35 PM
I don't think we have the moral right to force african nations to keep such large stretches of land as the Serengetti off limits from their own citizenry.

Of course we do.  And we have the moral right to send the B-52s to Kinshasa if the Congolese are unwilling to police their citizens.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on October 30, 2011, 04:58:29 PM

Of course we do.  And we have the moral right to send the B-52s to Kinshasa if the Congolese are unwilling to police their citizens.

You are turning me on. Can we kill Tim's bears?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on October 30, 2011, 04:58:29 PM
How will destroying what passes for civilization there help at all?  Wouldn't breaking down their food supply make things worse?

Besides, the US isn't going to do shit.  You guys have been utterly beaten by the Arabs and the Afghans.  At this point, you'll just lob a few cruise missiles in, declare victory, and then let the savages run wild.  That's because Americans lack any kind of morality and they are missing the drive to conquer the world.  The Americans saved the world from the Nazis and the Soviets, only to allow total anarchy to take it instead.  Thanks for nothing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Don't blame me, I just don't work here.
Kinemalogue