News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GTA V is coming

Started by Syt, October 25, 2011, 10:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

But that (and that a trailer is coming in a week) is all we know.

http://www.rockstargames.com/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

:w00t: I hope they do Russian mafia this time.

Eddie Teach

What type of game is GTA anyway? RPG?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Never fully played through the last one.  I got tired of taking my dip shit cousin out bowling and drinking between missions.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 25, 2011, 10:44:10 AM
What type of game is GTA anyway? RPG?

Third-person adventure with limited RPG elements.  Closest it ever got to being more RPG than TPA was San Andreas (which is still my favorite of the series).
Experience bij!

Josquius

I'm hoping for a return to Britain.
Probally not going to happen, but would be nice.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Well, the "V" looks like something inspired by US-$ bill looks/feel, so it'll probably be in the U.S. Question is: where/when? I'm still hoping for 1970s San Francisco Andreas, but I'm guessing modern day Miami Vice City.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

They already did the best setting (80s Miami) so nothing really interests me now.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Rex Francorum

One of the best ever game I played (the IV). Good story, nice shooting and nice driving. So I can't wait to see the next one.
To rent

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on October 27, 2011, 01:41:48 AM
Well, the "V" looks like something inspired by US-$ bill looks/feel, so it'll probably be in the U.S. Question is: where/when? I'm still hoping for 1970s San Francisco Andreas, but I'm guessing modern day Miami Vice City.

I'd love to see a redux of 1980s Vice City, but I'd take modern day for sure.  I'd be happy with a full treatment of Vegas as well, I guess.  Another San Andreas wouldn't do much for me, but something set in the 70s might be interesting.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

I could never get into San Andreas, and never got far with it.  I hated the city, I hated poor controls from a bad port, I hated the gloomy atmosphere, and black gangs are just not somethind I can identify with.  It was a lot easier to see myself as a Slavic mobster wearing a tracksuit. :unsure:

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 27, 2011, 02:48:03 PM
I could never get into San Andreas, and never got far with it.  I hated the city, I hated poor controls from a bad port, I hated the gloomy atmosphere, and black gangs are just not somethind I can identify with.  It was a lot easier to see myself as a Slavic mobster wearing a tracksuit. :unsure:

The city? There were several.  I loved it because I can identify strongly with those California landmarks. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on October 27, 2011, 03:53:11 PM
The city? There were several.  I loved it because I can identify strongly with those California landmarks. :)
I never made it past the first one then.  I had no feel for it at all, unlike Liberty City or Alderney.

garbon

Many people dislike Los Angeles  -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.