News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

You know, the problem they are having now is that they've gone and done this pre-order availability thing, so tons of people came into a subset of their planned launch day servers.

So now they have a bunch of servers that are over-loaded, and a bunch of servers that are barely loaded. I see transfers in the future...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on December 20, 2011, 10:31:54 AM
You know, the problem they are having now is that they've gone and done this pre-order availability thing, so tons of people came into a subset of their planned launch day servers.

So now they have a bunch of servers that are over-loaded, and a bunch of servers that are barely loaded. I see transfers in the future...

That does seem to be their problem.  They accounted for all the guild pre-launch characters, but probably didn't account for people like us (except for Katmai) - people who didn't do a pre-launch guild, but who followed along people who did.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

JonasSalk

Yuman

Barrister

Picked up my copy over lunch.

I have to say that early access makes getting the game in your hands a lot less exciting then it otherwise would be.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

I am annoyed by the quest where you uncover the Sith running around killing people for sport. On my sniper, this was easy, happy to go tag the Sith accolites and mess up the hunt.

But on my Sith, who I am playing as thoroughly evil, yet rather lawful, neither choice makes sense.

On the one hand, killing the informer is a bad choice, since he has done nothing wrong, so that would be unjust.

On the other hand, screwing up the game is not a reasonable response either. If the Sith are doing something legal, they should be left alone, and if illegal, they should be stopped via legal channels.

0 rows returned

Barrister

Playing as a female agent, I actually seduced and (presumably) slept with someone in order to prevent them from blowing my cover. :o

And I think I got lightside points for doing it. :o :o

Berk - yeah, sometimes the options can be rather binary.  In a perfect world there should be more than just two choices...

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on December 20, 2011, 10:29:40 AM
So last night once the servers went live there was immediately enormous queues on Graush.

There were also queues on Kaas City.

So I rolled on some random PvE server.  Started up an Imperial Agent.  Only played for 30 minutes, but that storyline does look to be a hoot!  However, the cover mechanic looks to be a PITA.

I also rolled an Imperial Agent recently, just finished the initial quest line and selected Sniper as my specialization.

Gotta say I LOVE the DPS (pre-sniper) altough I played a Scounderl and the healer Inquisitor before so I don't exactly have the perfect comparisons.
But together with your companion, you can really melt enemy HPs away. Neat.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on December 20, 2011, 02:57:20 PM
Playing as a female agent, I actually seduced and (presumably) slept with someone in order to prevent them from blowing my cover. :o

Yep, that was funny. Especially poor Jehszis look of resignation afterwards...

She is fun to play, kind of a vaguely chaotic good character in the evil empire, just trying to get along...

0 rows returned

Barrister

By the way, we should consider using spoiler tags.  I do figure on running all 8 classes up to 10 at some point, so I wouldn't want to have too many surprises blown...

katmai

katmai

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on December 20, 2011, 03:30:25 PM
Started at #250 in queue...whee

Pfft.  I've rarely seen under 300 on Graush in the evenings.  Probably going to be 600+ tonight.

chipwich

Can anypne invite ixchel tonight? Do we actually have a guild?

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on December 18, 2011, 10:32:44 PM
I friended Cal, and sent him a bunch of messages, but he just ignored me. :(
I was trying to msg HVC earlier, but he is "ignoring" me too.  My conclusion is that social code in the game is very buggy right now.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points