News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

so, do I have the chance to: gain access today?

Faeelin

Quote from: Tamas on December 13, 2011, 06:45:23 AM

I'm trying to set up my account now, at 7:30 EST, and the server is crashing.

Syt

I have my go, will have to check when I get home (5ish).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

They seem to be going in order of when you entered your pre-order code.  People who did it the very first day you could (some time in July) seem to be getting access.

I entered mine Sept 21.  I'm hoping for tonight.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on December 10, 2011, 01:00:45 PM
I recall one of the Ultimas (6? 7?) was actually DM120.00 when it came out, or ca. 60 €. It was a common price for imported, niche or some high end games of the time. Actually, it was pretty common for console games, too (e.g. Legend of Zelda for NES or stuff like Castlevania or Contra for SNES).

I was actually going to mention this.  I remember paying over 60 dollars for Ultima 6 back in 1990 and I am not sure what that is in 2011 dollars but I bet well over 100.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on December 13, 2011, 02:18:25 AM
Quote from: Barrister on December 13, 2011, 12:39:35 AM
Quote from: Caliga on December 12, 2011, 09:24:16 PM
Ok people, so what about Juyo (PvE, EST server), Imperial faction?

You know, as much as some of my fondest MMO memories are from hanging with Languishites, it just isn't going to happen this game.  Too few people, with too many competing interests.

I will be rolling on Helm of Graush, which is PvP, PST, and will role Republic.

Consideriing you'll quit right after hitting 50, that's fine :P

Entirely possible.   :)

But really - the deal-breaker for me is roling Republic.  I tried both, and didn't enjoy the Empire story-lines.  This isn't WoW where the Horde is just 'misunderstood'.  The Empire is evil and proud of it.  I'd rather be the hero than the villain.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on December 13, 2011, 09:29:28 AM

They seem to be going in order of when you entered your pre-order code.  People who did it the very first day you could (some time in July) seem to be getting access.

well, I entered it about 3 days ago :P

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on December 13, 2011, 10:13:01 AM
Quote from: Barrister on December 13, 2011, 09:29:28 AM

well, I entered it about 3 days ago :P

I know.

I was showing off. :showoff:

Stonewall

I decided to roll with the SWTOR division of my World of Tanks clan.  We initially got placed on Kinrath Spinder, which is the unofficial Brazillian server.  Not wanting any part of that, we decided on Jung Ma, an RP-PVP server.   

They still haven't finished placing the July pre-orders yet.  I'm expecting to get on 3-4 hours early since I pre-ordered in December.
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Syt

Btw, I'm on Trask Ulgo, English RP-PVE.

I'm a female Sith Warrior, Vultris. I guess it fits the chees villain names from the movies.  :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Syt - when did you pre-order the game?

Also - why did you go English, ratehr than German (not that your English isn't perfect)?

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on December 13, 2011, 04:57:00 PM
I pre-ordered day one.

Like I said before - there was no chance of you not playing this game. :contract:

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on December 13, 2011, 05:00:19 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 13, 2011, 04:57:00 PM
I pre-ordered day one.

Like I said before - there was no chance of you not playing this game. :contract:

Hey, I cancelled my pre-order not once, but twice. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

This is my char, btw. I still need to look up how they retconned the Sith purebloods into the game, though.

EDIT: Wookiepedia to the rescue, as usual.

QuoteCold War

Since the Treaty, the Emperor's plans have left the galaxy in state of fear and uncertainty as to each side's boundaries,[86] allowing the Emperor to defer control of the Empire to his Dark Council while he pursues his own secret goals.[56] The Emperor's absence left a massive power vacuum, and in its wake the most powerful and cunning Imperial Leaders attempted to assume authority over the Empire.[56] With the Dark Council consolidating the Empire's new dominion, altering the Empire's domain and structure, they tasked the Imperial military with more practical matters, while the Sith Lords' planned for the Empire's future.

In this sense, Lords focused on recruiting and training new acolytes, to increase the Empire's power and prepare for their final confrontation with the Jedi.[75] Due to the dwindling of the Sith ranks after decades of war, the Sith academy's entry requirements were relaxed,[87] in effect, those born Force-sensitive were allowed to train to become Sith.[88] Those in the slave caste, not of proper Sith bloodlines were even admitted if born with Force-sensitivity.[87] This resulted in the training of Sith Inquisitors during this now highly stratified Empire,[89] observed by their Sith Pureblood overseers that forever loathed to work with alien species like Humans.[76]

Sith Purebloods were born into positions of privilege within the Empire during this time, and were known to have been prepared from childhood to train at the Sith academy on Korriban.[89] In this way, Purebloods became members of the class known as Sith Warriors during this era. The Pureblood Warriors used their rage of their fallen ancestors to their advantage, dominating and intimidating those on their battlefield with their presence.[30]
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I've also done the Black Talon Flashpoint with two guys this morning. Was pretty fun, I died only once. :lol:

We were a Juggernaut (me), a Sorceror and an Assassin. Of the 6 bigger drops we had, fortunately for me 3 were gear for my class. I'm now: "Vultris the Merciless".
—Stephen Jay Gould