News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Hmmm, gonna have to log on, see what's what.  Been a while since I messed with my Jedi twink.

crazy canuck

I deleted it from my hard drive.  If it was still there I might poke around for a bit but it is too much of a pain to download it again.

Syt

Well, I was going to test the new patch tonight. However, they added a new patch, and that reverted some regions to pre-1.2 megapatch state. So it seems they've taken down the servers a few hours ago and don't expect them to come back on until in 5 or six hours from now.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

And just as I was thinking I shouldnt have removed it from my hard drive.

Syt

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3918776

QuoteAll live servers will be coming down in approximately 15 minutes for an unscheduled maintenance (approx 9:30am CDT, 3:30PM BST, 4:30PM CEST, 12:30AM (April 14th) AEST).

We have no ETA for servers being back online at this time, but will update this thread.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

QuoteUPDATE: 10:53AM CDT

During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.

We are expecting the servers to be available again at 6:00PM CDT (US: 4:00PM PDT, 7:00PM EDT. Europe: April 14th, 12:00AM BST, 1:00AM CEST. AU: 9:00AM AEST. NZ: 11:00AM NZST). We'll update you with information in this thread when we have it.

We sincerely apologize for the unexpected downtime today. We'll update you with more details later.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

QuoteDue to the unexpected extended maintenance today, we are going to be offering every player a full day of game time as compensation. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Oh man...

I logged on this AM for shits and giggles, and to check out my new Tauntan pet and see what's changed.  Talk about barren as Tatooine.

Server listings were nothing more than a stream of green "Light".  Logged on to the busiest Empire PVP server I have a toon on:  Fleet population: 3. Woof.

What a shame, for a game that had so much promise, but with a ceiling so low.

I really don't see how any company or MMORPG can break the WoW paradigm to be as successful or sustained.

Barrister

Yeah - logged in last night.  Didn't check out server populations though, but starter zone was pretty empty.

Roled a new toon - game is definitely fun at low levels.  Was feeling pretty grindy though in the mid 30s or wherever I left my trooper.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I had a look last weekend, playing my smuggler on the EU PVE-RP server. On Sunday afternoon about 15 people were on Taris (Republic version), which seemed fine normal. Didn't visit the fleet.
—Stephen Jay Gould