News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 05, 2012, 02:48:05 PM
I tried the Trooper tank AC.  Got him to 21 so far and I am having a lot of fun with it.  Just got the healing companion but she doesnt seem to be very effective so I think I will stick with the first DPS guy for now.

BB and Seedy, look up Sulla. And remind me what I have to do to join the Languish channel.

/cj languish I think.

For some reason I've been playing a fait bit of STO recently.  I really should come back to SWTOR.  Elara (the ehaling companion) wasn't doing much for me, but then again I'm healing specced myself.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

You can tag along with me and heal...

Barrister

CC - I'm logging in to TOR if you happen to see this...

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on March 06, 2012, 10:41:54 PM
CC - I'm logging in to TOR if you happen to see this...

I see it now.  Are you still on...  :P

JonasSalk

Welp, I got bored with it and quit. Canceled my subscription. It was nice while it lasted; a good diversion for a couple of months, especially during my winter break. Doubt I'll play any MMO again until "Titan."
Yuman

CountDeMoney

Quote from: JonasSalk on March 07, 2012, 04:39:51 PM
Welp, I got bored with it and quit. Canceled my subscription. It was nice while it lasted; a good diversion for a couple of months, especially during my winter break. Doubt I'll play any MMO again until "Titan."
Yeah, it's losing its poop.  Simply not enough content to warrant $14.99 a month.  I'll give it another month or two, but I've been getting back into EVE for my sci-fi fix.

crazy canuck

My main problem is I have found a number of ACs which are fun to play.  I thought Sulla my Trooper Tank would be my main, then I tried out the Sentinal and I am having a bunch of fun with that.

The difference might be I didnt burn out on MMOs prior to this.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 08, 2012, 04:32:46 PM
My main problem is I have found a number of ACs which are fun to play.  I thought Sulla my Trooper Tank would be my main, then I tried out the Sentinal and I am having a bunch of fun with that.

The difference might be I didnt burn out on MMOs prior to this.

The difference for me has always been the people.

I played WoW for a long time because other Languish-types were also playing.  I more-or-less stopped when others did as well.

For TOR I knew that there'd never be a large number of Languishites, so I found what looked to be a promising guild and joined it.  But it too has become a ghost town.

I'm not cancelling my sub - I really want to see the end of the Trooper storyline.  But that may well be it for me.

Sophie Scholl

I plan on finishing out my free month and one paid for month, then I'll probably be done.  It's a cool single player game so far.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

lol, I just got a reminder email from SWTOR to log on and play CORSO RIGGS MISSES U

Solmyr

I wish they didn't spam me every time one of my alts reaches level 10.

crazy canuck

I think this game would be a lot of fun if there was ever people on to actually play with.  The Republic server was basically empty so I went back to the Kaas City server but the guild is essentially dead and while there are more Imperial Players on it is pretty hard to get a group for most group things I want to do.

This would have been a lot better with some kind of group finding tool.

My subscription is coming up so I am going to cancel for now.

It might be good in a while, but it seems like they are dropping players too fast to last that long on a subscription basis.

Syt

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120401

QuoteCruising around the galaxy in your own personal starship is an important aspect of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. The player's starship is like a home, and the player's companions are like a family. No one knows this better than the dedicated Ship Droids who maintain the vessels: C2-N2 for Republic characters and 2V-R8 for Imperial characters.

Jedi Knights, Smugglers, Bounty Hunters and the other class characters may be the heroes in the wider galaxy, but on board the starship, the Ship Droids are the heroes. That's why, as part of Game Update 1.2, you will soon be able to assume direct control over your Droid's actions with Ship Droid™, a brand new mini-game coming to The Old Republic!

Features of this mini-game include cleaning the cockpit windows, calibrating the ship's food processors, and several other exciting maintenance duties:

The videos are pretty hillarious. Of course, remember that today's April 1st. ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Finished my smuggler storyline. Don't know how much more I'll play.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120412-1

QuoteGame Update 1.2: Legacy is finally here, bringing a wide range of new game features and playable content to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! With Legacy, you can now create your very own Legacy family tree, sharing the skills mastered by one character with everyone in your family tree. You will also be able to experience new adventures, including the new Operation, Explosive Conflict, the Novare Coast PvP Warzone, and much, much more!

We appreciate the support of our community throughout the development of the Legacy game update. As a 'Thank You' gift, we are giving all active subscribers (as of April 12, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 21, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT) the in-game Legacy reward: the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet*, sure to be your new best friend!

In order to make sure that you receive your in-game Legacy Tauntaun Ram, your account must meet the following criteria by April 12, 2012 ,12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 21, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT:

You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.
    You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.
    Your account must not be banned.

Not an active subscriber? Purchase the game and activate your account on or before April 21st at 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT and you will receive the Legacy Tauntuan Ram pet*!
A SPECIAL GIFT FOR OUR LEVEL 50 PLAYERS – 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements by April 12th, 2012, at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT:

You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.
    You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.
    You must have at least one level 50 character.
    Your account must not be banned.

FORMER PLAYERS COME BACK AND PLAY NOW ON US: APRIL 13 – APRIL 19

In honor of Game Update 1.2: Legacy, we are offering former subscribers the chance to come back and play on us.

Starting on April 13th, 2012 at 12:01AM CDT / 5:01AM GMT through April 19th, 2012 at 11:59PM CDT / April 20th, 2012 at 4:59AM GMT, former subscribers will be able to log-in to their accounts without having to re-subscribe!

In order to qualify for the seven (7) days of free*** gameplay, you must meet the following requirements:

You must have previously signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code. (This includes players in their first thirty (30) days of game time included with purchase of the game.)
    You must currently have an inactive subscription.
    You cannot have left the game in a banned status.

Plus, if you reactivate your former account on or before April 21st, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, you qualify for our Legacy reward: the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet*!

No, this doesn't at all seem desperate . . . :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.